30- last of the ring

•Ezra

Intangible yet entirely clear

That's what the pain of grief felt like. But I had to keep up, I couldn't miss out on my chances at a next life. If she came back as an Angeline, I'll be there as a Wolverine. If she came back as the dusk, I'll be there waiting as Dawn.

I stared at the empty ring from a small distance, with my hands folded across my chest. It had been months of awaiting a next life, months of overcoming constant dread and a gravitational pull into the abyss.

Because my dreams faded, just like the night yanks away the blue from the sky.

Maybe that's the one thing I failed to remember about the dusk and the dawn. They were two strong presences that could never meet each other. When one leaves, one has to remain; when one stays, one has to leave.

I walked into the ring, pulling my shirt of and tossing it to the bench. I could feel the weight of my grief, a heavy cloak wrapped around my heart. I stood at a small distance from the ring, hands across my bare chest as I gazed at the emptiness of the ring that mirrored the void in my heart.

It was a day that I had planned for, a date I had circled on the calendar, she would have been twenty one. On a day like this, when every single hundreds of thoughts wandering through my head was of her, I couldn't drink so as to keep my chances of meeting her sane intact, so I came back here in order not to feel too much at a time.

I decided to fight one last time, or maybe not.

"And thunderbolt returns with a lightening!" The chant echoed through the air, a proclamation of my uncertain fate.

So I raised my hand in a defensive position, ready to fight again.

Dec 5th

Dec 5th