16- chloe klutz

I woke up the next day still with pains in my bones. It wasn't the kind of pain that referred to all parts or my body; it was the kind that I could bear, the kind that I didn't need to get into a hot bath for. And so for that, I felt pretty good that morning.

Another day; another life.

As I stood in front of the mirror staring right at the spot that Ezra made contact with yesterday, I shook my head in disbelief at the thought that I wanted it to happen.

I packed my bags ready for my shift at Wings Haven and classes by the evening. Naomi looked delighted to see that I was okay as she headed to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Is everything alright at home?" She asked me, staring into my eyes for a honest answer.

"I'll fill you in later, it's Gianna not me." I responded and she seemed convinced that I was at least willing to tell her.

I sat across Harper on the kitchen table as I prepared a tortilla wrap.

"Class?" She asked me

"A shift at wings haven," I answered her and she nodded in response.

"Cool, I have a department hangout there in the afternoon. See you then." She told me.

The day went by very slowly and that bothered me

The day went by very slowly and that bothered me. What also bothered me was the new girl in my seat by the time I arrived earlier.

She seemed accustomed to the rules, the menu and her service was great, like she was prepared to replace someone. It didn't take genius to realize that she was replacing me.

Once Mr Graham arrived later in the afternoon, he was both happy and surprised to see me before he invited me into his office.

He made a quick coffee like it was tradition as he took off his jacket and hung it on the stand. He offered me coffee and I shook my head knowing I'd never give something so bitter a try.

He sat on his swivel chair, placing his finger on his temple as if to think. With a sigh, he clasped his hands together and turned to me.

"Raine, I've noticed you've been going through a lot lately. Coming late for work, not coming at all without prior notice is affecting the business," he started.

"Am I getting fired?" I asked, impatient.

"No, no," he waved it off. "I just think it might be best for you to take some time off to address your concerns and come back when you're feeling more like it." He smiled.