9- hotline bling

Another day; another life

I headed out of the room to find Cleo and Harper getting ready for classes. Naomi as usual, already left for her morning practical sessions. Lane wagged its tail as it sauntered towards me. I picked him up and walked to the kitchen, acknowledging both of my friends along the way.

I made another quick bread sandwich before heading back to the living room.

"I know you would say no but I still want to try," Harper pulled out of the chair and walked towards me and intercepted me midway.

"What?" I asked, stroking Lane with one hand and eating with the other.

"There's a party--"

"No."

"We're all going, even-"

"Harper."

"Even Naomi agreed to go, you need-"

"Harper."

"There's free alcohol, caviar and-"

"Harper, NO."

"You need a breath of fresh air. What's with you and being against these small parties anyways? We're all going to be there."

"I have to go to class," I declared, putting Lane down in his space and dusting my hands. Harper only looked at me as she shook her head while Cleo just smiled to herself knowingly.

"Wait, we have the same first." Cleo called out to me as I strapped my tote bag to my shoulder.

This morning, I had the choice to pick between going to see the school counselor who had been spamming my mail with meeting notice and a fundamental biology class.

As I stared at the lecturer giving out the important things to note from the slide he displayed through the projector, I had a thousand and one thoughts freely wandering through my chaotic mind.

Why was he in a place like that?

Did he possibly hope to make money?

Last time I checked, Ezra lived in a house three times bigger than my humble home and he drove around in a car worth a lot of cash.

"You aren't paying any attention," Cleo snapped as she took the pen I had been using to scribble down nothing in my note.

"Well, biology is a disaster," I remarked, only watching her try to keep up with the pace of the lecture.

"Why are you even here then?" She shrugged, turning away from me.

I had to act like I still cared about these little mundane things.

Cleo dropped at the next stop to turn in her project thesis while I made my way for the dormitory

Cleo dropped at the next stop to turn in her project thesis while I made my way for the dormitory. My legs wobbled underneath me as I drove my car and even as I walked into the apartment, I still felt that fatigue hanging in there.