012 ➥ i swear on my mother's life

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

Alahna covered her mouth with both hands like a kid who blurted out a bad word in front of their parents.

In the midst of her horror, she tried to read Dave's expression. It didn't say much at first but the main thing she could see was shock which was perfectly understandable given the magnitude of her proposal.

"Oh my God." She muttered.

"Oh my God." Dave agreed.

"I can't believe I just said that."

"I can't believe you just― I should probably come up with something of my own." Dave cut himself off, shaking his head ever so slightly to put his thoughts in order. "I just― I'm sorry, what?"

Alahna's hands flew up to cover her entire face, her eyes welling up with tears. "Oh my God." She repeated, her voice strained. "That was so stupid, I shouldn't have― just forget I said anything." Her hands dropped from her face but she still refused to look at him.

If she had, she would've seen the soft nature of Dave's glance.

"I'm not just gonna forget about it." He countered.

Alahna huffed. "What do you want me to say, Dave? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have anything, I shouldn't ask that of you, I― I'm just gonna go do this fucking thing, I'll be back in time for the gig and we can just... I don't know, ignore it."

"Yeah, I can't do that either, Alahna."

"Okay, well, in that case please enlighten me." She replied, frustration laced in her tone. She wasn't telling him what to do to make it better and quite frankly, it was driving her up the wall.

"I say, let's go to Liverpool together if you really want to and it's not something you're asking of me just because you're scared." Dave suggested.

For a moment, the only thing Alahna could bring herself to do was stare dumbly at him. Is he actually agreeing?

"Really?"

Dave shrugged with a little smile. "Sure."

Alahna nodded, slowly taking in his words. "Okay..." She said before starting to fidget with her hands. "Can I be both scared to see my parents and eager for you to come?" She asked, slightly anxious about the answer.

Dave bit back a grin and shook his head in disbelief. "What am I getting myself into?" He murmured under his breath rather fondly before getting himself closer to Alahna and securely wrapping his arms around her waist.

She placed her hands on his arms like it was second nature. "One thing at a time Dave, please." She replied.

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬