Chapter 12

After my shower, I felt much better than I had in the last few days. As I walked across the hall to my bedroom, I noticed that my senses had upped. I could hear small scuffling of feet in the woods from a small animal, I could smell the strong pine scent from the trees (and Jacob), and I had better eyesight.

I opened my bedroom down and found Jacob waiting for me. He smiled at me and let his eyes wander over my body making me blush.

"Ooo someones getting flustered." Quil smirked in my head.

"shut up." I said. I heard him chuckle and I went back to blocking them out. My mind had been very busy since I woke up. I needed a break.

Jacob got up from sitting on my bed and came over to wrap his arms around my waist. He looked down at me adoringly and kissed my nose.

"So when your ready, I'm gunna phase and take you to the clearing where we've been training with Cullens. I'm going to help you phase at will and give you a couple fighting lessons. Okay?" he said. I nodded and took a deep breath. I hoped that this wolf thing would come to me easily.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine Bells..." He started out confidant then started to look a little nervous, which made me nervous.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, looking up into his eyes. He shifted on his feet uncomfortably, which I took as sign that his next words were going to be about something personal.

He coughed. "Well uh when I start teaching you phase, you're going to be naked a lot. Clothes kind of just shed when we phase in them. I uh hope you don't um mind that I uh see you like that..." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked everything else but at my eyes. I pursed my lips to keep back a laugh. Of course I would be okay with him seeing me naked, I mean yeah it'll be embarrassing at first and a bit awkward but its better to get comfortable now because I'm sure I'll be having to phase in front of the guys so...

"Jake, its okay. I can handle it. The real question is, will you be able to?" I quirked an eyebrow up at him. He swallowed, making his Adams apple bob. I grinned, this might be funnier than I thought.

He buried his face into my neck and inhaled. His body shook with a small growl. "God, why do you have to smell so damn good?" He asked, tickling me with his breath. I giggled, silly boy,

"I don't know Jake, why do you have to be so damn warm?" I mocked. I pressed close to him and reveled in his warmth. Even though I was only maybe a degree cooler than he was, it still felt just as nice as it did before to feel him. I ran my hands over the large hard planes of his chest and smiled softly. Mine.

"You know, there is something else warm and nice to rub that's a hell of a lot better than my chest." He whispered huskily into my ear. I giggled and felt the heat rise into my cheeks. I slapped his chest lightly and shook my head.

"Dirty boy." I said, smiling. He just shrugged and looked at me with a loving, wicked gleam in his eyes.

"You know you love it baby." He said. I just smiled and grabbed a pair of extra clothes, putting them into a sports bag I found buried in my closet. I descended the stairs and out to my truck with Jacob right behind me.

"Bella, wait. I want you to ride on my back in wolf form. We'll get there faster." He grabbed my arm gently before I could open up my truck door.

"Oh right...Sorry, sometimes I forget my boyfriend can turn into a giant dog at will." I teased. He grinned and started walking into my back yard. I walked over slowly, giving him time to undress and shift. When I did finally get to him, he was sitting on his hunches with his clothes in his mouth. I told them from his jaws and stuffed them into my bag. He lowered himself to the ground, allowing me to throw my leg over and settle between his shoulders. I gripped his neck fur tightly and wiggled a little, giving him the signal to go. And he did.

He shot off at a speed that I knew I could be able to reach one day. Just like one day, I could look beautiful as a wolf as he did. Maybe my fur would shimmer into different hues of color when the sun was shining its bright rays on it. Maybe it would be soft and cuddly, like Jacob.

He snorted in amusement, catching the breeze of my thoughts. I smiled and started to focus on the fast steady paced thump thump of Jacobs big padded paws hitting the ground below us. It was actually pretty soothing. Crazy as it was. Just think, this could be you one day. Running to particular destination, just letting the wind ruffle your fur, with him by your side forever. Edward would never be able to give you this, a distant voice is my head whispered. And it was right, it also washed away any doubt that I had made wrong choice. This was what was meant for me.

"Don't ever doubt again Bella Baby." Paul said into my head. So Paul was finally coming around. Good, now I had all my boys on my side. I sensed Paul's smile before he back from my thoughts, leaving just me in my head again.

When I looked up, I realized we had reached the clearing. Jacob lowered to ground and let me off. He stood in front of me and looked down at me, since he was like probably 3 feet taller than me.

"Okay Bella, I want you to dig deep and draw up a powerful memory or emotion. It can be anything, as long as its tied to a strong emotion. Once you have one, I want you to focus on it, and try to re live it. Make it become reality, let it wash over your body like water. Let it surround you, and consume you. Don't fight it when you feel a little tug at your skin or anything. Let it happen sweetheart." he said into my head.

I nodded and closed my eyes. I drew up the memory of when Edward left me. Yeah it wasn't really the best thing to think about, but the hurt I had felt was strong. I took in the hurt and pain and abandonment I felt and let it be a real feeling instead of just a fading memory. I called upon all the nights I woke up screaming, the days I would sit with no real meaning to life anymore, the way I would hug myself in fear that I would fall apart. My breaths started to become ragged and I felt hot tears streak my face as they escaped my eyes that I had squeezed shut.

"I don't want you Bella. I never did. Goodbye Bella. I don't want you Bella." I let Edwards ice cold voice run through my head over and over like a broken record until the ice shot through my body, covering every square inch of me. Then an uncontrollable fire flooded through me and I felt myself shudder violently, thrash, drop to my knees. A relived scream worked its way up my throat but came out as a howl before it could reach my mouth. I tried to sigh, glad that it was over, but all that came out was a huff of breath from my white snout. Snout. I had done it!

I looked up and saw I was almost eye level with Jacob now. He gave a wolfish grin and nuzzled my furry neck affectionately. I pressed my head against his and took in everything. I hadn't had a chance to marvel in the greatness in the world through wolf eyes during my first shift, I had been too busy getting thrown around.

A million different sounds and smells swirled through my senses. I could hear the steady, rhythmic beats of mine and Jacobs heart. They were beating in sync, never out of pace with the other. Different scents wafted through my nose. Pine, grass, spring water, wolf (being Jacob and I), rain, wet dirt and the distant smells of vampire and the ocean. I turned in circle, stumbling a little with the awkward heaviness of the form I was in. It would take a bit not weighing 130 anymore. I would have to get used to being big and powerful.

I looked at Jacob and we locked eyes. He began to show me what he was seeing. I saw a large, beautiful mohagony wolf taking in the world with new eyes, like a child would. The wolf had my chocolate-brown eyes that were full of wonder of the new things around her and even a hint of my facial features, just more animalistic of course. Her fur was a sleek mohagony that glimmered in the small peak of sunshine that was leaking through the dark clouds above. Her paws were big, her ears were alert, and her nose twitched, taking in the smells she couldn't breathe in before. She looked quite harmless at the moment, but I knew that she could turn deadly in a split second, to get ready to snap any threats in half with just one clamp of her jaw. Everything about the she-wolf that I was seeing, screamed that she was an Alpha, a dominate wolf. She was a beautiful animal, yet powerful and deadly. This wolf, this beautiful creature I was seeing, was me.