Chapter 5

For the rest of the day,  Jacob and I had done whatever he could pack into the hours of the free  time we had together. We rode our bikes, went walking on first beach,  swam...well he swam, I sat on a log and watched. After his time of thrill  was over, we went back to his house and to his room.

The minute I had sat  down on the edge of the bed, he tackled me and pressed his lips hard  against mine. My world had melted away during our long make out session.  It felt like I was on cloud nine to be honest. Everything as perfect.  And his kisses were kisses he's never gave me before.

When we had finally  stopped, it felt like my insides were on fire. It wasn't painful, it  actually felt really good. It felt as if a weight had been lifted from  my shoulders. My stomach had done somersaults and I had felt genuinely  happy.

As I thought about it, I realized that Jacob's fire had finally melted away Edward's ice. I was finally free.

My heart was finally,  through and through, whole again. I had let go of the vampire I had once  called mine, and settled for the werewolf I now called my Jacob.

I snuggled closer to  Jacob and felt his arm tighten around me as he got the broadcast of what  was going on in my head. He kissed my head and held me as close as  possible. Only one word was said from that moment until it was time to  go.

"Thank you." he  whispered. He was thanking me for finally letting go. Thanking me for  choosing to live instead being a zombie in the depression filled  nightmare I had once called my life.

At 6:00, Jacob and I had  headed over to the beach and claimed our spots around the already  burning fire. I had decided to forget about showing PDA around the pack  and who ever else that would be joining us, and curled up in Jacobs lap.  His warm arms came around me as I wrap my own arms around his neck.

Soon, people joined us  as everybody took their place around the bonfire. Rachel, Kim and I were  already settled in with our boys. Seth was on the right of Jake and I  and Embry was on the left. I saw Sam and Emily sit down on a log across  from us. I locked eyes with Sam and returned the smile he gave me.

"I'm sorry" he mouthed. I nodded and let my self in on his thoughts, knowing they were directed at me.

"I didn't fight  Jacob because I was power hungry, I fought him because I wanted to see  if he was ready physically for the position. I'm proud of him, and you.  You have taken all this very well Bella. I hope you can forgive me..." I let his thoughts fade away.

"You're forgiven Sam. Thank you, for being alpha when Jacob couldn't." I projected my thought to him, unknowing whether he would receive it or not. From the small gasp he let out, he did.

I couldn't believe this  was happening. I didn't understand the powers I had. Or why I had them. I  hoped that tonight, I would get the answers I needed. Once everybody  was settled in, Billy began talking.

"We have been given some  interesting news regarding Bella and Jacob. It has come to our  attention that Bella has been gifted with some unusual powers. Before  this meeting, the council went through some of the last generations'  journals of the alphas. Every journal from the alpha after Taha Aki  until a good 6 alpha generations ago, told of the alphas imprint gaining  powers from the spirits to help guide her and her husband during their  times of need. Those powers were similar to those Bella has. With that  information new questions arose. Why did it stop? And why did it start?  After reading the rest of the journals, we found answers. It stopped  because there was no major threat from the cold ones. It started to  prevent any more sacrifices like the third wife of Taha Aki's time.  Though her courage was praised, the spirits did not want something like  to happen again. So to help, the alphas imprint would receive telepathic  powers, senses of what the future could hold involving her loved ones,  and in rare cases, the spirit of the wolf." Billy explained.

After the information  sunk into the circles mind, every head turned toward me. Some faces held  shock some held pride. Nevertheless, every face had a smile on it.

"Man, you're going to be  so badass Bella!" Jared remarked again. I smiled a little. I saw Billy  give him a pointed look when he opened his mouth to say something again.

"We figure that these  powers surfacing are the result of the new borns Jacob has told us  about. And because the Cullens have returned. Again." the finality in  his tone signal that now he was done talking.

"I wonder how Bella is taking all this..."

"So its just the alpha's imprint...that's cool."

"Kim looks so beautiful today."

"Man Jared was right, Bella will be badass!"  I couldn't place who thought what but I could guess. I smiled to myself  before blocking them out and diving into my own thoughts.

I mulled over everything  that was just said. It gave me a warm feeling to think that I was  special. It seemed silly, but it was true.

"You've always been special Bells" Jacob whispered to me. I snuggled closer to him and sighed happily.

I looked at all the  faces around us. Sam, Emily, Jared, Kim, Paul, Rachel, Quil, Embry,  Seth, Sue Clearwater, Billy and Old Quil. This was my family now. These  were the people who I would be around the rest of my life. I wouldn't  have to be anything more then the person I am now. They accepted me for  me.