18. The Distance

Zinda rehne ke liye Teri KasamZinda rehne ke liye Teri Kasam

Ek mulakat zaroori hai sanam...

~~~~~~~~~

Kashi sank to her knees, tears streaming down her face after Abhay left. His thoughts swirled in her mind, a tumultuous storm that left her utterly perplexed.

"Dar lagta hai, dar lagta hai ki aap phir hume waise hi chod kar chale jayenge. Kaise maaf kare aapko..k-kaise." She uttered, her voice breaking with every sob.

Her gaze swept over the surroundings, the arrangements he had prepared for her made her eyes welled up with tears. Rising to her feet, she steadied herself with a poignant mix of emotions.

"Aaj Jo hua vo zaroori tha. Hum done ki dur rehne mein hi bhalai hai." She said in a cold voice, wiping her tears.

Meanwhile, Abhay arrived at his room and called the servants. He instructed the servants to shift all of Kashi's belongings to the guest room.
"Inform her, that her room is downstairs." Abhay spoke coldly, and the servants left.

Closing the door, he called Malini. On the other hand, seeing Abhay's number, a smile lit upon Malini's face as she quickly answered the call, "Hello, Abhay."

"Malini, you didn't come today. Is everything okay?" Abhay asked.

"Yes, everything is fine, Abhay." Malini replied happily.

"Are you coming to the office tomorrow?" Abhay inquired.

"If you say so, I'll come, Abhay." Malini replied with joy.

"Great! Your presence will be a big help to me." Abhay remarked.

"You can come to the palace tomorrow morning, and we'll leave together." Abhay suggested.

"Okay Abhay, I'll come. Good night." Malini said, ending the call. Her happiness was immeasurable by now.

"Abhay, I know that girl is not worthy of you. Who is she to stand with you? I am the best for you, only me. I will win your heart." Malini said, leaping with joy.

On the flip side, Abhay hung up the phone after talking to Malini. With a mischievous smile, he gazed at Kashi's picture on his phone, muttering,
"Let's see how well you can stay away from me now, Hukum Ranisa."

Kashi, on the other hand, collected herself and proceeded into the house. As she ascended the stairs, a servant politely informed her, "Madam, your room is downstairs."

Kashi didn't say anything as she had become accustomed to his mood swings. She nodded and the servant led her to the guest room.
"Whose picture is this?" Kashi asked, looking at a large portrait.

"This picture is of Hukum Sa's parents." The servant replied and left.

Kashi stared at the picture for a while, before making her way to the bed. She wrapped herself in a shawl and took a seat, deep in thoughts about the day's occurrences. Gradually, she drifted off to sleep.