9

I watched in disgust as the couple across from me sucked each other's faces. Then I wondered was I really disgusted or was it pure jealousy? I felt myself being shaken as I looked over to see Brandy staring back at me.

"What?" I snapped.

"Jaz, why are you mean mugging that couple over there?" Brandy whispered.

"What are you talking about?" I roll my eyes. "Y'all done eating?"

"You barely touched ya food." Harrison gave me a blank look.

"It tastes a little funny." I lied.

Brandy sat her fork down on her plate and sat back in her chair. I looked at her and she looked at me as she folded her arms. Harrison did the same.

"What?" I switch between looks at the both of them.

"What's up with you?" Brandy asks. "You barely touched your food–and don't say nothing because we all know how much you love Mexican."

I stared at Brandy for a moment as I gathered my thoughts. She was right but I couldn't let her know that. I really didn't want to get into what was bothering me at the moment. All I could really think about was Beyoncé.

"I just would really like to go home." I shake my head. "I'm getting a headache and I don't know. I think it might be that time."

"Do we need to go to the store?" Harrison quickly blurted. "I–I mean do you need anything?"

"Harrison!" Brandy grabbed his chin. "You need to chill."

"I'm fine, can y'all please just take me home?" I ask.

"Yeah, let me find the waiter." Brandy nods.

After we paid for our meal and left the restaurant I was home in no time. It was silent which meant that my mother was out. I grabbed the blanket that was neatly folded at the end of the couch and planted myself in the middle. I flipped through a couple channels on the tv until I decided on Martin. Lace climbed up on the couch and laid beside me as I rubbed her belly. I started to feel my eyes getting heavier by the minute and just as I was about to fall asleep I heard my phone ringing. I was hesitant before picking up.

"Hello?" I sit up straight.

"Can you open the door?" Beyoncé's voice came through the phone.

I slowly got up and walked over to the door but froze in my tracks.

"I don't know." I sigh. "Should I?"

"You should." Beyoncé said.

I hung up the phone, letting her in. I didn't even expect any company today. My phone started ringing again and when I seen that it was Nicki I let it go to voicemail and put it in my pocket. She seems to feel some type of way every time I don't answer her phone calls.

"I've been meaning to talk to you." Beyoncé stood across from me.

"Well start talking." I look at her.

"What's up with you?" She asks taking a seat on the couch. "Why you acting so different?"

"What's different?" I ask as I sit on the couch across from her.

"Well you acted like you hardly knew me the other night." She glared.

"Says the one who hasn't spoke to me in days." I let out a small laugh. "But it's cool, I'm not even tripping."

"Really because it seems like you're tripping." She laughs.

I ignored her comment as I rubbed on Lace's back. The silence was so loud.