Partners in Crime Part Two

Once every employee had left, the couple left the storage closet and went into the plant room to check and hide once again from the janitors and guards that were still in the building. Once everything was clear, they went up the stairs to the roof and got into the window cleaner's cradle. 

"Are you sure about this? Doesn't seem to stable." Amanda said worriedly as the Doctor joined her. She peaked down and immediately looked up. 

"It's going to be alright love; we are just going to eavesdrop on Miss Foster and then leave before she notices us. Very hard to mess up." he reassured her before beginning the descent down to Miss Foster's window. They lowered themselves down a bit more so that she could not see them but were surprised when they saw that Miss Foster was not alone. 

Miss Foster walked in with her two guards, one restraining a reporter that they had saw earlier at the presentation while the other guard was getting chair. The Doctor quickly put on a stethoscope and used it to listen in to the conversation. He then looked at Amanda and searched his pockets for another stethoscope for her, but she just went to his pocket and took out a stethoscope. 

"How did you know that was in there? I didn't even know I had an extra one." the Doctor whispered quietly. 

"I put it there, Martha gave it to me." she told him before listening to the conversation. 

"This is ridiculous." The reporter said.

"Sit there." Foster ordered as she walked over to her desk.

"I'm phoning my editor." The reporter said as the guard restraining her forced her to sit on the chair.

"I said sit." Foster said, taking her own seat at her desk.

"You can't tie me up." The reporter argued with Miss Foster. "What sort of a country do you think this is?"

"Oh, it's a beautifully fat country. And believe me, I've travelled a long way to find obesity on this scale." Miss Foster told the reporter, causing the Doctor and Amanda to look at each other.

"So, come on then, Miss Foster, those pills. What are they?" the reporter asked, causing them to lean in closer to get a better listen.

"Well, you might just as well have a scoop, since you'll never see it printed." Miss Foster said but the Doctor and Amanda couldn't hear her too well, causing them to adjust and move the stethoscope. "This is the spark of life." She said, earning a confused look on the couple's faces as they couldn't see what she was showing Penny, they just had to assume it was the pills.

"We need to get a better look, listening in is giving us nothing." The Doctor whispered to Amanda, who nodded in agreement.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" the reporter asked.

"Officially, the capsule attracts all the fat cells and flushes them away. Well, it certainly attracts them. That part's true. But it binds the fat together and galvanises it to form a body." Miss Foster explained.

"What do you mean, a body?" the reporter asked, not understanding what she was saying.

"I am surprised you never asked about my name. I chose it well. Foster. As in foster mother. And these are my children." Miss Foster said. The Doctor and Amanda peaked their head up, looking through the window to see what she was talking about. They took off their stethoscopes, no longer needing them; as long as they were careful not getting caught, they could listen on without them.

"You're kidding me. What the hell is that?" the reporter asked, terrified.

"Adipose. It's called an Adipose. Made out of living fat." Miss Foster said as they tried getting a good look at what she was talking about.