Chapter 45: 20% Discount

In the past, whether it was the episode of Zhao Pianpian running with the baby or the legend of Jiang Sihan's counterattack in the entertainment industry, Luo Bei stayed an outsider. She wasn't overjoyed and had always treated herself as a witness, so she could just calmly allow the story to develop. However, when she saw Fang Jingzhou's incident, she couldn't stay put.

Zhao Pianpian and Jiang Sihan were independent adults. They could protect themselves and had developed independent personalities.

Fang Jingzhou was different; he was only a five-year-old, clueless child. Even though he had money, power, and great career achievements in the future, Lou Bie felt her heartache. She was afraid that such an innocent and adorable child would one day become an immoral man.

In the story, he had grown up alone. He had never loved anyone, nor had he truly been loved. Although his grandmother cared for him, she couldn't love him as a parent. All she could do was feed him until he was full, warm him up when he was cold, and try her best to help him read. She didn't know that the child's mind got twisted at a tender age. Even if she knew, she didn't possess the ability to change it. When he grew up, he came to see women as toys; thinking that women were dirty and vain. He had never loved, he couldn't give his heart to anyone,, and nor did he care.

When Luo Bei came to the bathroom, Fang Jingzhou stood on a bench, brushing his teeth.

He smiled at her, revealing his tender teeth and mouth filled with toothpaste foam.

After washing up, she led him to the dining table for breakfast.

He had been fattened up recently, and his small hands were visibly chubby. He picked up a boiled white egg and awkwardly tried to peel the round object.
"Beibei, are you not going to work today?"

She suppressed her emotions and patted his little head as usual.

" Mmm, I'm not working today. I'll take you to the amusement park later, okay?" Fang Jingzhou was extremely happy. He had always wanted to go to the amusement park, but he didn't dare ask. He was afraid to bother her.

The way a child expressed his joy was much more bare and innocent, unlike an adult's. He hugged Lou Bei and kissed her on the face. His eyes were sparkling, extremely excited, not to mention his joy." Thank you Beibei!"

Luo Bei felt a little sad. A child comes to this world as a blank canvas, it is the adults who paint or taint them. She could ignore other matters but wasn't willing to stand by and watch Fang Jingzhou turn for the worse.

Perhaps because of her intervention, Fang Jingzhou wouldn't accomplish so much in the future. After all, it was because of the male lead's selfishness and indifference that he was able to maintain his calm and make rational decisions; he wouldn't hesitate to use the people around him for his ambitions. He was successful because he was truly outstanding, and his character was very analytical. What a person would achieve often depended on who they are.

Luo Bei knew that if she didn't take care of Fang Jingzhou and allowed the story to develop like it was supposed to, she would regret it. She couldn't just watch as he turned into a cold-blooded animal with a twisted heart; she could just go against her principles and meddle in other people's business.

After a fantastic day at the amusement park, Luo Bei brought Fang Jingzhou to the Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet that he still recognized. Although this kind of food wasn't very healthy, it should be alright for children to have some once in a while. He looked very excited, sweating profusely, and did not want to return home.

"Beibei, today is my happiest day!" Fang Jingzhou mumbled as he chewed on the chicken wings. His expression and eyes were filled with an innocence that only children of this age had.