Chapter 38: New Year

As the new year approached, every tenant seemed to be very happy. The building was filled with joy.

As Luo Bei was cleaning up the garbage, she noticed that the corridor was much cleaner than usual. Most of the tenants had already bought tickets to go home and had gone back to reunite with their families. Coincidentally, in the last few days, only Chen Lan, Fang Jingzhou, Zhao Pianpian, and Jiang Sihan were left.

Now that Baby Chen was sleeping soundly, Zhao Pianpian had the time to help Grandma Luo make dumplings.

Grandma Luo asked with concern, "Everyone else has gone back to celebrate the new year. Don't you have any family?"

Their relationship was already very good. There were some problems that they didn't need to avoid.

Zhao Pianpian smiled and said, "I do, but, but they're just relatives and can't be considered family."

"My father passed away a long time ago, and my grandparents thought that it was my mother who had killed their son, and they had always treated my mother badly. As for me, because I was a girl, I was not welcomed. Later on, my mother led me to live alone. She no longer had any relations with my father's relatives. My mother didn't have many relatives, but they weren't close, and now w that my mother isn't around anymore, those relationships have completely ended."

Grandma Luo sighed. "When I was a little girl, I wasn't valued by my family. It was only after I married Beibei's grandfather that I had a good time. My old man didn't have any good points, but he really liked Beibei. This bad habit of favoring men over women shouldn't be allowed. Who wasn't birthed by a woman?"

"I can tell that Beibei grew up in a very good environment. Although she is very smart, she hasn't lost her kindness, that's a virtue that's hard to come by."

"Some people are kind-hearted, but they are too naive, and other people are too shrewd without compassion."

Grandma Luo was very proud when she heard this. After all, her granddaughter had grown up with her. If others said that Beibei was good, wasn't it the same as praising her method of education?

Zhao Pianpian said dejectedly, "I don't know if I can teach my child well. When I take my baby out to play, the other families are all a complete household of three. It makes me wonder if I'm being too selfish. Is it really alright for me to give birth to him and not give him a complete family with a father?"

Grandma Luo comforted her. "It's not an easy task to have a child. Some people say that the most painful part is giving birth, but I don't think so. The hardest past is the coming decades. You have to educate your child, keep them healthy, and pave the way for their success. Any one of these things is more difficult than giving birth."

"You decided to give birth to your child, there's no point in worrying about it now. You should just try your best to give a loving environment. It's not your fault that he doesn't have a father, so you don't need to blame yourself for it."

After hearing Grandma Luo's words, Zhao Pianpian felt much better.

*
Luo Bei was really helpless.

Zhao Pianpian was clearly the female lead, so why was a passerby like her running into Lei Yuhao so often?

Before she grew close toZhao Pianpian, Luo Bei felt that Lei Yuhao was not bad; he was handsome and rich. But it was different now. She was Zhao Pianpian's friend now, so naturally Lei Yuhao was anything but pleasing to her eyes.

Jiang Sihan didn't understand why Luo Bei had suddenly sneered.

He was a little afraid.

Yesterday, Brother Liu had taken him to an audition and he was interviewed for the role of the secondary male lead in an online drama. A portion of his salary would be wired to him soon after, and to other people, it was crumbs, but a large sum for Jiang Shiang who had struggled in poverty for a long time. He first thought of treating Luo Bei to a meal.