Chapter 37 - Blessing

Chen Lan came back in the afternoon. When she came to the Luo family, she didn't notice that Fang Jingzhou had changed into a new set of clothes. Luo Bei realized that she had been consciously ignoring her son.

Luo Bei had tried to talk to her before, but Chen Lan was very resistant to it, so Luo Bei had no choice but to give up. Perhaps for Chen Lan, there was a bad past.

"Thank you so much."

Chen Lan was probably in a good mood. She bought freshly baked egg tarts and gave Luo Bei two boxes.

"But in my opinion, it would have been good for the kid to freeze outside for a night so he wouldn't be so careless next time and forget the keys. Luo Bei, do you think my shoes look good?"

She showed Luo Bei her new shoes.

Luo Bei nodded honestly. "It looks pretty good, but aren't you cold wearing heels on such a cold day?"

She felt cold at home so she had already put on the cotton shoes that her Grandma made for her.

"Beauty requires a price."

Chen Lan decided to sit down and talk to Luo Bei about her principles as a woman.

"You should dress up more when you're still young. I saw that you were wearing snow boots yesterday, do you think that you're still a student? No, even students are more fashionable than you. Don't waste your good looks, you have better conditions than me. I can't find anyone good because I have to lug around an oil bottle, but you hurry and marry someone wealthy while you're still young."

"Where would I find someone like that? I should just focus on doing my job well first." Luo Bei was very self-aware. With her condition, if she wanted to marry a rich man with just her face, it's not like rich people were stupid...

Chen Lan sighed. "I'm quite pretty, and to be honest, if I didn't have a child with me, I would have no problem marrying into a good family."

Luo Bei felt that Fang Jingzhou must have heard these words many times before, but she still didn't want the child to be present while Chen Lan said these words to her, so she gave Fang Jingzhou the tablet and told him to go play in the bedroom.

Fang Jingzhou ran away quickly and even considerately closed the door.

"Is it not possible to find someone who would accept Little Jingzhou?" Luo Bei asked curiously.

Of course, from how she sees it, unless Chen Lan married a kind-hearted man, Little Jingzhou life would only become more difficult in a family where his mother didn't love him and his step-father neglected him.

Chen Lan took a bite of the egg tart and said slowly.

"If a man is willing to accept a step-son, how good could his conditions be? They're not even worth my time, anyone with even a bit of money wouldn't do such a thing. I really regret now, I shouldn't have given birth to him back then."

Luo Bei couldn't say anything and ate her egg tart in silence.

"What I regret even more is, when I had just given birth to him, there was someone in my hometown who had wanted to adopt him. Sigh, thinking about the past makes my head hurt, I have some good news instead." Chen Lan said happily, "Didn't I meet a man recently? I quite like him, and he likes me too..."

Luo Bei was curious and asked, "Is it the man on the phone yesterday?"

"That's not him, that guy has a wife and is scared to death of her. Who cares about him?"

Chen Lan had a look of disdain on her face. "The man I'm seeing, he's not married and he doesn't have a girlfriend either. Although he's not super rich, he has a house here and wouldn't have a problem supporting his family. I've been in contact with him lately."