Chapter 41: Fake ID

Chen Lan wasn't a bad person. The only problem with her was that she didn't care about her child. Other than that, there was nothing to criticize.

Although she often ignored Fang Jingzhou, she didn't beat him up or scolded him. She just didn't give him the love and attention he deserved. She didn't fulfill her responsibilities as a mother.

Because of this, Luo Bei didn't comment on Chen Lan. Chen Lan didn't love her child as much as she did. She just loved him more. This wasn't a big mistake, and it wasn't worth discussing.

Fang Jingzhou had a more sensitive intuition than children of the same age, so when Chen Lan asked him to go home, he shook his head in fear and moved closer to Lou Bei.

However, it was useless. It was reality and not some television drama. Even though Luo Bei sensed that Chen Lan was wrong, she wasn't Fang Jingzhou's mother, and she wasn't his family. She didn't have the right to stop Chen Lan from bringing the child home. In the end, she could only watch Chen Lan pull Fang Jingzhou back to the next room.

Grandma Luo sat on the wooden sofa and sighed." What a sin!"

Zhao Pianpian also realized that Chen Lan was very strange today. She tried to guess,

"Previously, she happily went home with her boyfriend to celebrate the new year. Could it be that the two of them encountered a problem?"

This was a reasonable guess. After all, Chen Lan was indeed very happy during the new year. However, it had only been a few days, and she had suddenly changed. Thinking about it, she guessed that something went wrong in her relationship.

Lou Bei looked at the neighboring door worriedly and shook his head.

"I'm not too sure about that either."

Not long after, sounds of Fang Jingzhou crying came from the room. The three of them were stunned. It was Luo Bei who was the fastest. She rushed to the next room and knocked on the door.

" Chen Lan, what's wrong? Open the door. Tell us what happened and see if everyone can help!"

The cries of the child inside were getting louder and louder, it was almost heart-wrenching.

The people outside were extremely anxious. Even Grandma Luo came forward and knocked on the door a few times. In the end, Chen Lan opened the door, but Fang Jingzhou was nowhere to be seen in the living room. It was likely that she had locked him in the bedroom.

Luo Bei suppressed her temper and asked,

" Even if there's a problem, you can't blame your temper on the child. Can we talk about it and try to solve it together?"

Chen Lan leaned against the door and smiled coldly." It's really strange, can't I educate him as his mother?"

"That's not how children are educated."Grandma Luo said earnestly.

"Oh, Grandma Luo, why don't you tell me about education? Wait, didn't I hear that your son ran away with money and left a mess for you orphans and widows?"

Grandma Luo didn't say anything, but she was already trembling with anger.

"Chen Lan, it's true that Fang Jingzhou is your child, but he's also a person. We can't let you scold him. If this happens again, we'll call the police." Luo Bei said in a deep voice.

"Luo Bei, don't scare me. I know what the law is now, but if you have the ability to call the police to take a look, I have nothing to say if they find a wound on his body."Chen Lan continued to sneer.

After saying that, she slammed the door shut.

Luo Bei's heart sank when she heard this. If Chen Lan were to scold Fang Jingzhou, she could still stop her and call the police to intimidate her. But what did Chen Lan mean by that?