5. You're a Demon, I'm a Murderer

"Rin! Quit ignoring me!"

"..."

"Rin, please! You can tell me anything! Just don't ignore me!"

"..."

Something clicked inside me, and I realized that I could also tell him anything. He was one of the closest friends I had.

But I haven't even told Izumo this.

But Rin deserves to know.

"Rin. I need you to know something. You might hate me." he looked at me, "I've killed someone. Five people."

He stared at me.

"Five people...?" he thought about that for quite a while, then he reached a verdict, "You mean... You killed your family?!"

"Yeah. My parents were on the verge of divorce, my sisters always acted like they were spoiled brats, and my brother... My brother was an angel. The only one I actually loved. I don't know why I killed him. It was white-hot rage. I was cooking dinner, when I overheard an argument, and they told each other they hated the other, so I held a knife and told them to stop, then they told me to shut up. I continued to try and make them stop, but they eventually directed all those hateful words toward me, and then..." I felt my eyes fill up with tears, "I blanked out. When it stopped, everyone was dead."

"(Y/n)..."

"I'm sorry, Rin. I must actually be that little girl you called me on the day I started cram school, because I really am acting like one." I mumbled, wiping away tears.

"No, (y/n). You aren't," he said, pulling me into an embrace, "Everyone cries. Believe me, you would hate me if you knew what I am."

I put my hand on his chest to look up at him.

"Rin, you can tell me anything. I'll keep it a secret, if you want."

He stared into my (e/c) eyes.

"Alright, but you'll hate me, I know you will." He pulled away from me and gave me the sword in the red case.

"What?"

"Unsheathe it."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

I pulled off the red casing, revealing a sword in a blue scabbard. I grabbed the handle, and from a nod from Rin, I slid the scabbard off of the blade.

I stared at the blade, then there was a blue flash in front of me. I looked at Rin.

I gasped in surprise.

"What?!"

His ears had elongated, his canines were sharper than before, and a tail had made itself visible.

What's more, he was covered in blue flames.

He was a demon.

Rin is a demon.

I leaped away, instinctively reaching for my gun.

But I hesitated.

"You hate me, don't you? I can see it in your eyes."

Do I hate Rin?

...

No.

I walked toward him, picked his sword up, and sheathed it. Then I looked into his blue eyes.

"You're the son of Satan. You told me your dad died."

"I don't consider him my dad."

"What about your mom?"

"Never met her."

I stared at Rin, my emotions conflicting in my mind. I stepped toward him.

I felt like I should hate him.

But I don't.

I wrapped my arms around him.

"I could never hate you, Rin. Even if you are the spawn of the devil, I'll still love you."

"Good. I didn't lose-" he tensed up, "You'll what?"

I practically died on the spot when I realized what I said.

Dammit all.

"So the feeling's mutual?"

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" I looked at him, an intense blush creeping across my face, "I said that on accident!"

"But is it how you really feel?" he smiled warmly, making my frozen heart melt. I noted the faint pink tinge to his cheeks.
Wait, I never knew that I even liked him in the first place! When did he start liking me?
I ruffled my hair in confusion.

Rin looked down.

"So you don't?"

"..."

"That's ok. I get it. Who could love a demon like me? Is it possible? Probably not."

"That's right. Who could love a demon like you? I got the answer to that question." I exclaimed.