Getting ready!

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.

Ugh. I hated that harsh wakeup call of an alarm clock. Smacking the 'off' button, I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sat up in the unfamiliar surroundings, confused momentarily. Then it hit me and I almost screamed. Today was the day!

"Oh my God, Karen get your arse up now!" I shook the sleepy figure of my best friend laying next to me. She groaned, then suddenly sat up, looking at me through her matted brown hair with those light brown eyes, with the biggest smile on her face. I grinned back. "Come on, we've got so much to do!" We both sprang out of our shared bed. (We always shared a blow up bed on sleepovers) "You jump in the shower and I'll put the bed stuff away" Karen nodded at me and left the room. I stretched and got to work, folding the duvets up before letting down the airbed, folding that up and putting it away. I picked up all our junk food wrappers strewn everywhere and threw them away, before getting my clothes out for the day and all the essentials, like makeup, hairdryer, straighteners, the whole bamboozle. Once I'd finished, Karen came in fresh from the shower with a towel wrapped around herself and another wrapping her hair up. She grinned at me. "Towels are in the airing cupboard, soap, shampoo and shit are in there too." I thanked her, grabbed my clothes and made my way into the bathroom for a much-appreciated shower.

Feeling more awake and revived, I wrapped my hair up in a towel and rubbed myself dry before pulling on my jeans and my signed The Wanted top I got from their The Code tour in London. Karen and myself had both gone with VIP tickets for meet and greet and everything. It was so great! That was the last time we had seen them live, as well as Lawson as they were opening for them, but Karen had gotten two tickets to go see them performing with Lawson, and with me being as big a fan as her, as well as her best friend, she invited me and the days dragged by until today. I had butterflies in my stomach- that feeling you get when you know it's gonna be an eventful day.

I had known Karen since Year 8. I remember our first meeting, we had seen each other around school a few times, but it wasn't until a mutual friend had introduced us that we got to talking. One of the first things we had found out about each other was our immense love for The Wanted. We were obsessed! It was great having someone to fan with. Although we looked so different, we were best friends since then. Karen is short for her age (I call her 'Shortstack', much to her annoyance, but she's learnt to deal with it) about 5 foot tall, with an envious size 6 figure, lightly tanned skin with shoulder length brown hair, and light brown eyes that are so easily readable, and she walks around with a hint of confidence that I've always wished I had.

I'm about 5foot 4 with long blonde hair that reaches the small of my back, with bright blue eyes framed by glasses. I'm a size 16, and have always been bullied so my confidence is non-existent, which makes my situation worse. Because of my size, my boobs have ballooned and are pretty big, so the only boyfriends I've had are only with me for them and that hurts, especially when you hope that they never turn out to be that way. Because of the bullying and such, I've tried dieting which hasn't worked, so I'm doing something a little more drastic- not eating. I know it's not the most rationable thing to do, but if I start feeding myself, I won't be able to stop, so I stick to protein shakes and water to fill me up. The hunger doesn't hurt anymore which I'm proud of, but I look in the mirror and grab a handful of fat and stare it down. I know I probably look stupid, but it helps keep my focus.

"Channa, hurry your arse! We still gotta get your hair dried!" Karen shouts, banging on the door, knocking me out of my thoughts, which was probably for the best. "Shit" I mutter to myself then call out "I'm coming!" before picking my towels up and heading out of the bathroom. I walk into Karen's room to find her dressed in purple skinny jeans and her signed TW t-shirt with her hair already dry. She smiled at me, "God, you were forever in there!" I glanced at the clock and realised that I had been in there a good 25 minutes. I gave her a guilty look that just made her laugh. "Come on, honey, sit down and let's get started." We both grabbed our hair dryers and furiously started blasting my hair dry. Even with two people, it took 15 minutes because of how thick it was. We then took an extra 20 minutes straightening our hair and making our selves up. "Fuck, we've only got 15 minutes to get in the car and leave!"