𑁍┊chapter 5 ˎˊ˗

୧ *·˚ act I

୧ *·˚ act I.┆↰
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

The cracks of thin sticks and dry leafs echoed in the green forest of Springvale.  The happy chatter from you and Paimom filled the warm atmosphere of the summer day. Tweets and chirps came from above as numerous birds from the region of Mondstadt flew by. Either alone or with a flock.

Warm sunlight peeked from the cracks the leafs left behind after being swayed by the warm summer wind.

"Paimon, are you sure this is, uh, Sprintvale? sprinkvale?" You butchered the name; which was excusable since this is your first time walking around the outside of Mondstadt and Dragonspine.

Paimon let out a grunt, irritated at the nth time you've butchered a name from a place in Mondstadt. She squeezes her small hands into small fists and shaking them "ahh!! (Y/n), Paimons' told you! it's: 'Springvale'!" —which only received a nervous chuckle from you.

"right! Springvale! that's what I said." Paimon blinked, going silent for a hot second before pouting like the toddler she is. "no you didn't! You said Sprinkvail! or, uh, Sprintvale—whatever you said!"

A hearty chuckle came from your lips, your hands holding your stomach as you laughed; you vocal giggles echoing in the warm forest. "You're imagining things! you can't even remember what Paimon said!" Paimon whined, hitting you with her tightened fists as if it would do anything to your laughter.

"stop! it's not funny! you did pronounce it like that! stop laughing at Paimon!!"

"you peabrain! haha!"

She grunted, giving up on trying to deny your pointless claims and crossed her chubby arms, her stary trail following her as she lead you deeper into the woods. "like I was about to say..;" she started sharply, as if her squeaky voice would even allow her to sound menacing even if she tried, "yes, this is Springvale. Paimons' not sure where Kaeya is though.."

right, you were here for that guy. You honestly forgot after being caught up in the conversation between you and Paimon. "right, we're here for him..uhm, who is he again?"

Paimon let out an exasperated sigh, her hands sliding down her chubby face as if she was working a 9 to 5 by just having a conversation with you. "even Katheryne told you! he's the captain of the Calvary knights!"

You nodded, half hearing and half spacing out. Suddenly, a snap of a stick made both of them stop in their tracks. Crystal summoned her polearm and spun it in her hands; her fingers dancing effortlessly with the large pole. She pointed the blade of the pole right at what she thought would be a hilichurl or a fatui harbinger.