six, homewrecked

Juliette woke up to the smell of her mom's famous homemade bread wafting up the stairs and filling the house with warmth.

"Timmy?" Was the first thing out of her mouth, yawning a call for the boy as she stretched out her arms. They ended up both falling asleep in his bed but now she was in her own bed and he was seemingly missing from the room altogether.

She slowly stood up and blinked a few times, still adjusting to her surroundings. She then finally realized the shower was on and a sense of relief washed over her, knowing where Timothée was.

Stretching, she knocked softly on the bathroom door and entered when Timothée shouted to come in. The room was steamy, but the bathroom was quite large and the actual shower was around the corner from the sink and vanity, meaning Juliette couldn't see Timmy unless she turned said corner.

"Good morning!" Timmy shouted from the shower, making Juliette giggle.

"Good Morning!" She shouted back, a smile on her face as she did her morning skincare. "My mom made breakfast then we are opening gifts. I will see you out there?"

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute!" He yelled back.

Juliette smiled to herself. She put her hair in a single braid and tied it with a red ribbon, then she exited the bathroom, closing the door behind her and made her bed, as well as Timothée's. Finally, she pulled her presents for the others out of her luggage and headed downstairs.

"<Good morning, my love!>" Was the first thing Juliette heard in Italian as she descended the steps. It was only about 7:00 AM, and her father was sitting and reading the paper with a mug full of coffee. She heard a clatter of dishes from the kitchen, where her mother was working hard on breakfast. "Merry Christmas. How did you and Timmy sleep?"

"<Great, Papa. Thank you again for letting us stay here. I have presents, I'm going to put them under the tree.>"

Her father simply hummed in response and she made her way past his place in front of the fireplace to the large, beautifully decorated Christmas tree behind him. She placed five presents on the skirt of the tree, then making her way to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mama," She kissed her mom on both cheeks and filled a glass with water. Leaning her hand on a counter, she smiled at the sight of her mom making food for everyone else. "Do you need any help?"

"No, thank you, honey. Ne vous offensez pas, mais personne d'autre ne peut faire ça comme moi," She smiled and Juliette laughed lightly. "You go help get the table ready and tell Timothée to hurry up."

"Don't worry, I'm here," Said a voice from behind Juliette, and she felt Timothée's arms wrap around her waist, pulling her head to his chest and kissing the back of her head. "Good morning, Amélie. Merry Christmas, breakfast smells wonderful."

Amélie gave the two a raised eyebrow, but thanked Timothée nonetheless. Timothée and Juliette then set the table and made a batch of hot chocolate on the stovetop, pouring a mug for each person. Camila and Alex came down a few minutes after, joining the two actors in helping Juliette's mom serve. Marco joined them as well and, soon enough, everyone was sat around the large dining table, plates filled with a few slices of Amélie's wonderful homemade bread, sliced apple with cinnamon, and an egg or two. In the center of the table, a large plate holding an assortment of pastries and cups of rice pudding waited patiently for the family to finish their first course. Each person also got a cup of Timothée and Juliette's hot chocolate, as well as a glass of orange juice. Small containers full of butter, jam, and other condiments littered the table and completed the beautiful scene.

"Merry Christmas, everyone. <I put a lot of love into this meal, but more than being proud of the food, I am proud of my family. I love you all very, very much and am so glad to have us come together this Christmas. Timothée and Camila, thank you so much for joining us. Cheers to a beautiful meal and a beautiful Christmas with the ones I love, God bless you all,>" Amélie finished her blessing in French with raising her glass, to which everyone mirrored her actions, thanking her and saying cheers.