Grom night

Matt pov
As I wait for Gus to come pick me up I get ready myself.  Red blazer over a white button up dress shirt with khaki pants and black dress shoes. I check my Watch, titan where'd the time go it was already 7 Gus should be here any minute. I flatten my hair trying to fix anything that might look out of place disregarding the fact that my fight with grom would ruin my efforts. I stared in the mirror until my face looked distorted *ew* I thought to myself. Just then I heard a knock at the door. Must be Gus. I take a deep breath before I quickly tred down the stairs to the door. When I open the door I'm met with Gus' smiling face, his bright welcoming smile, made me smile ear to ear with a tint of red forming across my face. He handed me a sunflower.
"You said these were your favorite right?" Gus asked already knowing it was
"Yea, you remembered, I told you that ages ago" I lightly chuckled in amusement, mostly to myself. I had to remind myself that the this was just as friends and Gus would never like me like that so I shoved the feeling as far down as I could as to not distract myself.
Gus pov
Matt lovingly smirked at the flower as a tintof pink coated his cheeks. I could feel mine do the same as I studied him as he carefully traced the petals with his fingers in aw. He quickly left to put in a vase with water, once again stepped outside and we were off. I noticed Matt fidgeting with his fingers and then stopped leaving his hands by his sides. I could see his nervousness. Wanting to calm his nerves I nervously reached my pinky out as to try and grab hold of his hand but I couldn't. Instead I picked up the pace a bit Matt following my lead.
"So do you have any ideas as to what you might be up against tonight" I asked Matt trying to break the uncomfortable silence
"Hmm. Oh no not yet I guess I'll get there when I get there" he chuckled nervously scratching the back of his neck. We finally arrive at the school and Matt stops just outside the doors
"I don't think I can do this" Matt said sheepishly backing up against a wall "I'm not strong enough to take on grom, I'm just gonna embarrass myself"
"Matt don't say that that's not true" I retorted but before I could argue further principal bump stepped outside and was pleasantly surprised to see Matt in the hallway
"Matt so glad you're here, you must hurry now it about to start" principal bump told him