Little red

"Lord red, you sure you should be doing this while your parents are out at the capital? Why don't you come down from the tree and come inside and have some lunch." Tobi sighed while staring up at the boy with red hair, tobi fixated his glasses up on the bridge of his nose while arching a brow at the young master.

"Hold on! I got this! I just want to grab this ripe apple an-and I'll be down!" Dante spoke grunting at his own efforts trying to reach the only ripe apple that was left on the higher branch of the tree. The garden was dying due to winter rolling in from the north, and this apple was the last of the only apple tree in the garden.

   Tobi sighed relentlessly as he fixed his suit and tie eyeing the boy once again with his brown eyes

With the sun blinding Dante's red emerald eyes, he lost his grip, tumbling towards the ground where he landed on his feet with a thud against the dirt. "See .." as he caught the falling apple that came spiraling down from the tree in his left hand. he grinned cheekily at the man who only shook his head. "I got this."

"You know how your mother is..before your shifting ceremony in two days, she doesn't want you getting hurt. Young master, you must take proper care of yourself if you are to become king one day and rule over the red empire." Tobi sighed once more placing a gentle hand upon Dante's red head with a soft smile. "Your father would kill me if you got hurt in their absence."

"Why are they even at the capital anyways?" Dante asked ignoring Tobi's comment, the two began to walk from the garden towards a side entrance back into the castle whilst he took a bite from the apple he had picked.

"Their meeting with the king of Anglian. The lion of the west. They have business to tend to. Now stop worrying about your parents for now and go wash up. Lunch will be ready soon." Tobi raised his eyebrow down at the boy while holding his hands behind his back straightening his posture with a chin held slightly high.

"Ugg..fine. Only because you asked nicely." With that the boy ran off cheekily giggling as he did so, disappearing down the opposite hall towards his bedroom, where maidens of the castle were waiting to bathe him in his room.

"Hah. I'm never having kids." Tobi sighed to himself running a hand through his brown hair as he stared watching the child disappear. An eerie blank expression forming over his face as his brown eyes dulled slightly. He then disappeared into the castle halls towards the dining area. There he would taste test the food before Dante would be allowed to eat it. Just in case someone dared to poison the young prince.

    The sound of a broken wrist and a head being slammed onto the table by the neck echoed the kitchen causing the assistant female chefs to back away gulping in fear, the head chef's wrist broke completely. The look on Tobi's face was priceless but blank with no expression to be seen except disappointment. He side eyed the females giving them a warning to leave immediately. As they scurried out the kitchen with panicked whimpers tobi turned his attention back to the chef. "Now tell me..who ordered the poison attack on the young prince. I won't ask again."