playing god┊⁰⁰⁴

꒰❝chapter three; playing god❞꒱

"so, what will it be, adelinde?"

the said blonde was lying motionless on the ground, her face full of shock as she tried to comprehend your words. "you... you are no god!" her teeth ground together as she accused, pointing a trembling finger in your direction. The moment those words left her lips, the all-too-familiar sensation of her gasping for air returned. before long, adelinde found herself suspended above the wooden floor again. "perhaps you're right, but if you cherish your life, it's time you began treating me as one." you cautioned, a cold gaze sent her way, unmerciful. "no pressure, of course." a radiant smile replaced the initial disdain on your face as you gazed at the barely conscious blonde, making no move to command whatever entity it was to loosen its grip on her neck.

just who did you think you were? adelinde thought bitterly. you pranced into their lives so suddenly, and acted as if you had the world at the palm of your hands. if it weren't for her beloved crepus, you wouldn't have been alive! nor would she have been put into a position as such if crepus had left you to die! she couldn't help but grunt, frustration evident as she tried to break free of the tight grip on her neck, instead cursing the (hair color)nette internally; never once resorting to thinking ill of the master. feeling the last breath, she could manage slip past her lips, she relented, "i— gi..ve... in..." the grip loosened, allowing her a moment to draw a deep breath, regaining the color of her face. "i'm sorry, i didn't quite hear that, adelinde," you cupped the shell of your ear, as if mocking her, "could you repeat that?"

a wide grin stretched across your lips as your eyes gleamed with delight. it was clear adelinde was fully aware that you heard what she said, and despite this, she forced herself to go along your wishes as she wanted to see the light of tomorrow. while attempting to find the right words to utter, the blonde emits a faint choke. whatever force you were using to strangle her started causing her to lose consciousness, faster than the last. noticing this, you merely looked at her with a hardened smile, refusing to give her another moment to breathe. she's stalled long enough, you thought. "i-i....shi--p---youeh!!" the hold around her neck got stronger, cutting her off. you hummed to yourself as you watched her writhe pathetically, unfazed by her weak attempt to speak; yet the thought of learning to control whatever the entity was crossed your mind. you sincerely didn't mean to hurt adelinde to this extent, yet you could care less if she'd die.

your eyes narrowed into an intense glare, the previous smile adorning your face long gone. frustration etched across your features as you fixated on the swirling fog, a displeased scowl etched on your face. the fog seemed to flinch at that, as if the fog could sense anger radiating from you, its hold on the blonde began to gradually loosen. adelinde, in turn, gasped greedily for air, her breaths punctuated by dry coughs with each labored inhalation. tears streamed down her cheeks as she gazed at you with pleading eyes, her vision blurred and appearing glossy. She clung to a desperate hope that some trace of remorse or pity would soften your resolve, yet once her gaze set itself onto your features, there wasn't a hint, a trace of such.