in the garden ┊⁰⁰³

꒰❝chapter three; in the garden❞꒱

"miss [name], please take it easy, you've just recovered." tuning out adelinde's voice, you drifted your attention to what was above, eyes darkening as you gazed up at the azure sky. it all looked so fake; it was hard to believe no one noticed that before. "mondstadt has such pretty skies, they're even prettier at dusk." you nodded your head in response, although it was fake, it was still a sight to behold. adelinde then gently fixed the shawl that she wrapped around you, making a mental note to acquire you new clothes later on. " let's head back inside now, miss [name]. i worry that your body is still not used to all this movement," for a maid, adelinde was surely a bossy person. you gently smiled at the blonde, " i suppose you're right. my legs are starting to feel sore from all the walking." the maid simply smiled as she walked you back to the mansion, slowing her pace whenever she sensed that you weren't able to keep up.

she was quick on her feet; you took notice of that. furthermore, your footsteps were the only sound heard, not hers. adelinde was the subject of many assumptions, if you remember correctly, and among these is the possibility that she might be a cannibal. this would explain why she was so light on her feet; it would make it easier for her to prey on her victims without them being able to see nor hear her. it makes you wonder if crepus knew adelinde was a cannibal. with eyes and ears everywhere, it wouldn't be hard for him to figure that out, would it? as the older blonde led you back to your room, you mentally sighed as you walked through the empty hallway. you wonder if you'd be able to catch the maid in action, that if your assumptions were true.

the light pitter-patter of shoes clacking on the wooden floor grabbed the two female's attention, twisting their heads around, seeing the two young masters of the house, smiling at them. particularly, you— paying almost no attention to the maid. they seemed to have gotten attached from the short period of time you were in their presence, to which you mused. kaeya had set his pace fast, looking almost too eager to come closer to you, "[n-[name]," he stuttered, panting as he leaned on his knees. opposite of his younger brother, diluc greeted you with a calm tone, gaze gentle as he looked at your seemingly weak figure, paying little attention as adelinde began lecturing the dark-skinned boy about being careful when running towards you.

"how's your stay here, miss [name]? i'm hoping it's enough to satisfy you." he cleared his throat, pushing down the awkwardness he felt the longer he stared at your face. "it's been a pleasure. you've all been taking care of me well, i feel rather guilty for not doing anything in return," you replied, albeit sheepishly as you clutched the shawl closer to your figure. diluc noticed this, and looked at you, concerned, "did you take a walk outside today?" with you replying with a nod, explaining that you've wanted to take a step outside and admire the nature, "the garden outside is very well-kept. though it's to be expected, i suppose. i went out to admire it for a while with adelinde."