dead girl walking┊⁰⁰¹

꒰❝chapter one; dead girl walking❞꒱

your eyes bulged wide in shock, and your vision was blurred as you felt a strong hand pull you out of the water. a loud, harsh cough left your mouth as you vomited the stagnated water, trying to get what you can out of your system. as you were doing that, you felt the same hand that had rescued you earlier patting your back, in an attempt to help you get the water out, "──id?... yo──righ──?" it sounded like a man's voice, yet the water dripping from your ears made it difficult to actually hear what he was saying.

having gotten most of the water out of your body, your head felt fuzzy, and everything around you was spinning; but god, it looked familiar. the voice, the place, this situation, everything was familiar. there was a sense of deja vu coursing through your body when you felt a cloth gently wipe out your ears, taking the water that was previously inside.

"there we go. all better now?" as you turned your head to answer, a gasp escaped your lips as your eyes fell on the owner of the voice. master crepus? what is he doing here? how is he here? wasn't he dead? aren't you dead? As you took a better look at your surroundings, you felt your eyes bulge out of their sockets in realization; you were back. how is that even possible? would you have to relive everything again? that wouldn't be fair at all, you didn't want to die again!

in a fit of fear, your whole body trembled as broken sobs escaped your lips, completely forgetting about the older man beside you, who was currently worried about your state.  "archons... relax, you're fine. everything's fine," although his voice was as gentle as his touch, his words did little to nothing in comforting you. after a few seconds, crepus sighed and took a seat beside you, giving up on using words when he realized they weren't working. instead, he began to gently pat your back as an attempt to comfort you.

there is nothing he can do but wait and hope that you will eventually stop. it makes him wonder what a kid like you might have experienced to feel such pain.

 it makes him wonder what a kid like you might have experienced to feel such pain