kaeya lilies┊⁰⁰²

꒰❝chapter two; kaeya lilies❞꒱

since the conversation you had with crepus, several days have passed since you last saw the older man. and your room has been visited by only two people ever since then: the doctor and adelinde. you've been cooped up in the room with the excuse that your body isn't fully healed by the doctor, but you knew better. crepus was trying to gather information about you before releasing you. nonetheless, you don't expect him to find anything on you, which would only make him doubt you even more. flipping the page of the book, you let out a bored sigh. adelinde got you the book after you ranted to her about how caged you felt. in the end, she had to give you the book since she couldn't let you out.

the soft knocking on the door took your attention off of the book. "miss, may i come in?" it was adelinde, it must've been time for breakfast. "come in." in response to your reply, the door was opened by the blonde maid, yet what shocked you was the fact that she wasn't alone like she usually was. diluc stood behind adelinde, with kaeya following in suit, his hands hidden behind his back. "good morning," adelinde's greeting hung in the air as her usual smile was painted across her lips. the redhead, diluc, opened his mouth to greet you right after, only to stop as he realized he hadn't gotten your name yet. he and kaeya turned to the blonde maid, who was placing the silver tray on the nightstand by the bed, only to be met with a hesitant shrug. "here's your breakfast, miss..."

sensing the awkward and hesitant looks they expressed, you assumed they were a bit bashful to ask for your name. "by the way," you initiated with a laugh, breaking the lingering silence in the room as you took the tray of food gratefully. "i realized we never properly introduced ourselves. you can call me [name]." smiling gently, you tried to lighten the atmosphere. "diluc, son of master crepus, the kind man who took you in. i apologize for not greeting you properly much earlier on. you are our guest, after all," he introduced, tone formal yet sincere.

meanwhile, kaeya, ever the charmer, stepped forward, holding flowers with a boyish grin on his face. "these are for you," he said, a touch of genuine warmth in his eyes despite his lingering suspicions. "i... i wish you a quick recovery." his words were kind, though his guarded demeanor remained, a mix of curiosity and caution as he observed your reaction to the gesture, feeling the awkwardness eat him away. you nodded appreciatively at both of them, sensing their underlying apprehension. "thank you. i appreciate the warm welcome and the flowers, even though it was a bit late," your response was warm, aiming to put their doubts at ease. the room, once filled with tension, seemed to thaw a little under your calm presence, making everyone feel slightly more at ease.