𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I laid on the uncomfortable bed, the covers over my mouth as I stared up at the ceiling.

I raised an eyebrow, raising my head up as well, hearing a knock from the door. It slowly cracked open, revealing my personal therapist. Dr. Martinez, she's nice but doesn't do a great job on making me feel better on certain things.

"Hey Val, how you holding up?" She hummed, sitting on the edge of my bed. I groaned, running my hands over my face. "Fine. Just bored." I huffed, flipping the blanket, revealing my legs. She nodded, standing up.

"Let's go to the other room, shall we?" She grinned, I nodded slowly, following behind her, my socks gripping against the cold marble floor.

I observed my surroundings as we passed many rooms, each one having people in it. I've seen so many younger people here, it's crazy.

We walked into the all white room, she pointed to the padded white sofa in front of the coffee table.

I sat down as she did the same across from me. She grabbed her notepad, getting ready to write down everything I say.

"So, last session you mentioned you felt guilty, for who and or what. Like what's the reason behind your guilt." She asked, putting the pen up to her lips. I hesitated a bit, fidgeting with my fingers, picking at the skin around my nails. "Bill, what he said to me after the trial. It felt almost as it was something in me shattering at each word he said." I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

She nodded, a signal to continue.

"I did it for Bill," I confessed, my voice barely above a whisper. "I thought... I thought I was protecting him. I was jealous, it consumed me. I believed that by removing the other girls, I could keep him with me."

She had a sharp intake of breath before she spoke. "Tell me more about the jealousy, Valeria. How did it manifest, and why did it become such a powerful force in your mind?" she prompted.

My breath hitched, feeling memories crash into my head, like how life was before I truly was obsessed with him.

"I was obsessed." I paused, feeling tears form, trying to keep them back. "I was obsessed with him, since the day I saw his face. I felt as if I had to kill every girl he spoke too." I admitted, She nodded once more in an understanding manner.

She leaned forward, her expression compassionate. "Jealousy can be a powerful and overwhelming emotion. It seems like it played a significant role in the events leading up to the incidents. How did these feelings evolve over time?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to say. I looked up at her with my head still down. "I don't know. All I know is I killed them for mine and his sake." I said, rubbing my eyes.

She nodded, standing up with her notepad in hand.

"Well, perhaps we can talk more about you jealousy and ways to cope with it in our next session." She smiled, I nodded, standing up as well.

She led me back to my room, I instantly went to my bed, wrapping myself in the covers just as I did not long ago, slowly drifting off to sleep.