Shanks

I Hate You! Do You Really?

You finally have enough of Shanks playboy ways and confront him. But why are you confronting him? Do you really hate him? Shanks will find out. Shanks x Reader (Female) Fluff

SHANKS

'LET ME PAST BENN!' y/n shouts outside the door to my quarters, 'I KNOW HE'S IN THERE BECAUSE HIS LATEST CONQUEST JUST LEFT!'

'Think this through y/n, take a deep breath. Hongo says stress is bad,' Benn speaks calmly trying to calm down a mad y/n.

I was confused and intrigued, and still a little hungover from the night before. Was something wrong with y/n? They had been off a little lately. I'd known y/n since Rogers's execution and convinced them to join my crew. y/n was deadly with a sword, but their real weapon was their beauty and charm which could de-escalate situations. I wasn't a jealous man, I just didn't like random men hitting on them, and if that meant I was the only man they slept with then so be it. y/n was loyal, but recently they had been getting sick of my playboy ways and childish antics.

y/n and I weren't 'official', we slept together a lot because it could get lonely on the sea, and maybe I valued their opinion on the same level as Benn which made the crew tease us about being a power couple, but I'd never heard them be this mad at me before.

The door swings open and y/n storms in. Benn grimaces at me before closing the door leaving us alone. y/n's usually calm eyes were pissed, their fists clenched, and now I could see them closer they looked a lot paler. I open my mouth to speak but they stop me.

'Don't come near me while you still smell like that bitch,' y/n seethes.

I raise my hands in mock surrender and smirk, 'Is this because they called you fat last night? I thought you didn't care what others thought of you y/n.'

The anger leaves y/n eyes and my smirk falters seeing their eyes water, lip quiver, and one hand goes to their stomach, 'Do you think I'm fat? Am I ugly? This is all your fault, Shanks.'

y/n wasn't an emotional person so to see them this close to tears was scary, and they were blaming me for something I didn't even know I'd done unless it was bringing up the fat comment as a joke.

'How is this my fault y/n, please explain. You're not fat or ugly. Are you ill? you look pale. What did Hongo say?' I ramble.

y/n sighs and bows their head, 'because for years you've made me feel loved and special. But these past couple of months you've slept around more and ignored me. I need to know what I am to you Shanks, I need to know so I can do what's best for me and the...'

Okay it was true we hadn't slept together in two months, and I had slept around more to make up for it, but why was y/n suddenly bringing up the same thoughts they had after we last slept together? This was kind of why I ignored them, because I didn't like serious talk about relationships, call me selfish but it's who I am.

'You're my y/n. You call me out all the time. You hold me to a higher standard. You always know what I need to hear. Why do you suddenly care who I sleep with?'

y/n raises their head and locks eyes with me, I could see the wheels turning they were thinking so hard, 'If I asked you to stop sleeping with other women would you? I know it's hard to answer without any context but I'm really conflicted right now Shanks.'

My eyes widen at the sudden question, 'Like never sleep with another woman again...'

y/n nods, 'Yes or no Shanks.'

I shake my head and stand my ground, 'you won't get an answer until I have the full context y/n. You might be angry but I'm still your captain so show me some respect.'

y/n rubs their stomach, 'You're also the father to our unborn child. Hongo puts me at just over eight weeks along. Now answer my question captain. Say yes and I'll stay, but say no and I leave.'

My legs give out and I fall to my knees shocked, 'SHANKS!' y/n screams, and rushes towards me full of concern.

I reach out my hand and rest it on their stomach, 'you're really pregnant, no joke. Are you sure it's mine?'

I feel the slap across my cheek but keep my eyes focused on their stomach which did look bigger up close, 'you're the only man I've ever slept with Shanks, you prick,' y/n growls.

I can't help but laugh a little as I look up at y/n who looks down at me confused, 'Okay now everything makes sense. Don't worry you're pretty head I won't sleep with any women, does that include you?'

y/n inhales sharply, 'I hate you, Shanks.'

I raise a single eyebrow, ''yes, we've established that.'

y/n puts their hands over mine, 'fuck you!' they mutter.

I wiggle my eyebrows, ' we've done that, too. Care for a refresher?'

y/n cracks a smile and the tension leaves the room, 'You're a dork Shanks. I'm sorry if I made things weird for you. Do you think we can do this?'

I get back to my feet and pull them into my embrace. I'd changed my clothes when the girl left so y/n couldn't get mad. Unless women's senses heightened when pregnant, something I'd ask Hongo about later, 'we can do this y/n. Some things will have to change but we'll adapt.'

EXTRA

Being pregnant at sea came with some challenges but Shanks and the crew had your back. You'd made Shanks leave the room when he came close to passing out.

'Congratulations y/n, here's your baby boy,' Hongo says excitedly, handing you a bundle of blankets, 'I'll get Shanks.'

You nod and stare in awe at your baby boy who already has some red hair like his father, 'I'll get my money later, I knew it would be a boy.'

Hongo laughs and leaves. Only you, him and Benn thought it would be a boy while Shanks and the rest of the crew bet on a girl.

Shanks comes into the room and you hold out the bundle, 'Say hello to your son Shanks.'

Shanks holds his son and smiles down at him, 'Just what this ship needs y/n, another me running around. At least we know he's mine,' he laughs.

You flip him off. This was going to be an interesting next chapter for the three of you.