The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 5 ]

Every girl remembers their first crush.

The guy who made your day better with just one smile. The guy who had you thinking about him the whole day just because he said 'Hi' to you. The guy who made your heart melt and made your knees feel weak.

For me; that guy was Ashton De Ville.

He was sweet, he was funny, he was cute and nice.

Only, he was nothing but a heartless player. One who liked to play games with your heart.

I watched him use the same tactics to get every girl. The way he'd smooth talk, his body language...the whole lot. One by one, he'd win every girl. One by one, they'd all lose.

And then he saw me.

But I already knew the rules to his game.

It had a basic concept; pull and push. It reminded me of physics.

Pull her in, make her fall for you, use her, then push her away.

He flirted, I flirted. He stopped, I stopped. It was like I was a girl version of him.

And he wanted more.

So he asked me to be his girlfriend; something that no one had ever seen him do.

~*~

"I...have to leave."

I stood up to run, but I never made two steps away. Reece grabbed my arm and turned my body around so our chests were pushed against each other. I felt a sense of déjà vu. 

Along with other pleasant senses.

"I'm sorry," His eyes, God, the intensity was thrilling. They looked so serious, so passionate... "I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories or hurt your feelings."

Right now, I was nothing but a mute. So I nodded. A moment of silence passed by, and yes, it was awkward.

Suddenly, Reece's excitement reappeared, "Do you want to finish watching the movie?"

I smiled, thankful that he broke the ice. Then scowled in disgust.

"Hell no."

~*~

My room was directly opposite his. His window, right in front of mine.

I could see directly inside his room, Hell, I could use the branch to get in his room.

What kind of architect would design something like that? Don't they understand what the word privacy means? And to think that an old couple used this bedroom...now I see why Reece went to all the trouble of getting them to move out.

Poor, traumatized boy.

~*~

I woke up, feeling like going back to sleep.

Today was questioning day and I really, really wasn't looking forward to it.

At school, our Headmaster's assistant was calling up names one by one.

I sat beside Charlie, who was looking a little edgy. I put my hand over his.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah, but, have you seen the look on every person's face as they come out of the room?" I nodded. They all looked pale and sick.

"You've got nothing to worry about Charles, you're innocent."

"Yeah, you're right." He relaxed a little, "Don't call me Charles."

"Chloe Armel." The crowd around me turned to face me. I gave Charlie's hand one last squeeze before I walked up and towards the doors.