The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 23 ]

Chantelle DeVille...a spitting image of Ashton DeVille. 

Blonde, beautiful...and Black-Hearted. 

"Well, well, well...if it isn't Chloe Armel." Chantelle smiled sweetly. "It’s been so long!”

 “Yeah.” I mumbled awkwardly, knowing she’d make a provocative statement soon.

Chantelle placed a perfectly manicured hand on her waist, while twirling her hair into curls as she pretended to think. “Hmm, how long has it been since mon frère a brisé ton jolie petite coeur? [my brother broke your pretty little heart?] Two years?” She smirked.

 “Sounds about right.” I forced out a smile, wanting nothing but to wipe her sadistic one off her face.

And then I took a look at Reece Carter, who was leaning against the wall a couple of meters away, impatiently waiting for me to hurry up so we could leave. I gave him a wicked grin and turned back to Chantelle.

“But that’s alright.” I waved off, finding the confidence in my voice again. “I’ve moved on. Reece is amazing. I’ve never been happier.”

“W-what?” She shrieked, her sapphire eyes widening in shock. “You two are going out? No way!”

I ignored the bitch and continued.

“Oh Chantelle," I began, looking into the distance and all dreamy-like, "You have no idea how cute and sweet he really is. It’s like; he has this whole bad boy thing going on, this ‘I don’t care about anyone or anything’ attitude, which is so sexy, but then when you really get to know him, he’s the sweetest guy you’ll ever meet. He’s just…amazing…We are so in love.”

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make enemies.

~*~

Chantelle left soon after, but not before promising me that Reece would be no different to Ashton, that he too, will rip my heart into shreds.

The walk home was silent. Reece tried to make small talk but gave up when he saw my mind was somewhere else. Instead he began kicking a stone that came across his path until we got back.

I couldn’t stop thinking about Chantelle.

Her words replayed in my head over and over again, until I had to shake my head and tell myself that Reece is not Ashton. He’s nothing like him.

“What a lovely shade of slut she was wearing today.” Reece remarked suddenly. I stopped walking at my normal pace and slowed down a bit.

“Who, Chantelle?” I asked, surprised at his comment. Reece nodded and continued kicking the rock.

“Don’t you think she’s…umm…hot, like all other guys do?”

As much as I dreaded the thought of Reece taking an interest in her; I couldn’t deny the fact that Chantelle was breathtakingly beautiful…and I was…well, me.

Reece leaped onto one of the houses’ brick fences and walked along it, then jumped from one gigantic rock to another. “I think she should open books, not legs…” he told me while balancing on one leg, “Blow minds, not guys. You know?”

“Reece, what are you doing?”

“You bored me to death, so I’m playing that game where you pretend the ground is lava and you can’t step on it.”

“You’re so immature!” I laughed. He cracked a smile, instantly captivating me.

“Immaturity keeps me young, Chloe. Besides, I’m having more fun than you, aren’t I?”