chapter 33

Alexandria

I look at my chemistry notes that I've been trying to study , but I can't concentrate. I sigh and look at my phone and I feel this edge to take it , but I stop myself. Ok I'm sure I deserve a five minute break . I check stories and I see Zara's. It's a video of her and someone kissing and I look closely to see that it's Ezekiel. I put away my phone as I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in ." I say and go back to looking at my notes.

Ezekiel comes in and I feel the pain in my heart coming back again and I look away from him. What the hell is he doing here, didn't he get the hints that I don't want to talk to him.

"Hi, I wanted to see if you're doing well,you know since you've been ignoring me." He says awkwardly and I turn to look at him.

"Well , I have been studying for the past few days ."

"You and studying, that's like water and oil. Do you want me to help you with anything?" He asks with a smile and I just look at him and when he sees my face his smile drops.

"Uhm, can we talk , for like a few minutes and then you can go back to your studies. I just want to talk about you ignoring me because I know it's not because of studying. "

"Can you please leave me alone. I'm too busy for this conversation."

"I think I know why you're avoiding me, but I want you to tell me." He says and I just keep quiet.

He walks over to my study table and looks at me but I don't look at him. He tries to take my hand but I pull away from him and stand up .

"What exactly is it that you want huh, yes I've been avoiding you and apparently you know the reason so why are you here?"

"Alexandria, Zara is my girlfriend and you knew this before this whole thing between us started. And you said I must not break up with her but now you're mad because I slept with her, are you even serious?"

"I know , but I thought I was strong or maybe I wouldn't feel anything because I didn't think my feelings for you were that deep. But I guess I was wrong and now I'm just..."I pause and look at him with teary eyes. "Heartbroken and I can't... I- I ca..." I stop talking when I feel the lump on my throat.

"Alexandria, you told me not to break up with Zara because it would break her and now you're saying all this and I..."
He looks at me and we just stand there in silence.

"Do you like her ? Like do you love her?" I ask and a part of me wants him to say no.

"What will you do with the answer I give you?"

"Just answer it Ezekiel." I say desperately because deep down I want him to say no , but I know that is highly impossible.

"I do but... Come on she's Zara , who wouldn't. And I'm  not going to lie to you , i like her a lot Alexandria."

I smile at his honesty and look at him , and I  know my face is probably a mess.

"I know , she's Zara after all . But I just didn't know you like her that much , and I don't think I would want to come between the two of you, and I know that I already did but I want to start over because after our girl's night, I've realised how much I really miss her and our conversations. But overall thank you for being honest." I say and I look at him but I can't read his face.

He sighs and half-smiles.

"So you're stoping what you started?"

"Yeah , I guess I am , but no hard feelings . I just want to start over and this Saturday it's Zara's birthday and I want the both of us to just be real like before. " I say with a smile because I'm happy that Ezekiel took this conversation well.

"Uhmm, I guess this is it then. But I think this is the best decision you've ever took in your life , and I'm proud ." He says with a smile , but it doesn't reach his eyes and I smile at him and lean in for a hug to let him know it's going to be ok.

We pull back and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"I think we should just stay friends, I don't think I'll ever go back to hating you again." I say and we both laugh as he nods agreeing with me.

"I'm gonna leave now , I have a date with Zara ."

"Ok , bye." I say with a sad smile and he smiles back and leaves.

A message comes in and I go to check my phone to see that it's from Chris. I sigh and open it.

"Alexandria, I'm coming over tonight so  be ready"

"I'm busy Chris ."

"Please , what the fuck are you busy with, makeup?"

I roll my eyes at his reply .

"I'm busy studying."

"Don't fuck with me , you don't study, and you know I always get what I want , whether you like it or not . And if possible I'll fuck while you're studying, now get ready I'm coming tonight."

I read his message and ignore it . I walk in the bathroom and take off my clothes and get in the shower.

After the refreshing shower I just had, I get in my pajamas and I look at my phone as I get under my cozy blanket. I check my messages and see  5 missed calls from my dad. I quickly call him back eager to hear his voice.

"Hey dad " I say immediately when he answers my call.

"Hey dear , how are you , I've been trying to get to you for a while."

"I'm fine dad , and I'm sorry I was just busy with some things and I think I put my phone on silent while I was studying."

"It's ok , I just wanted to check on you, since it's been a while. So what do you say you come to visit me for the weekend?"

I smile and jump with joy on my bed , by the thought of finally going to visit my dad without me asking him or begging with him refusing each time.

"Oh ok, but I'm going to a birthday party this Saturday so I'll come on Friday and we can go out for the day after school."

"Oh that's ok dear , but I think we need to  spend more time together, so I was thinking maybe you could come to stay with me for a week and attend school from my house."

I stop smiling after my dad says that , because I'm confused.

"Wait dad , where do you stay ?" I ask and there's silence.

"Uhmm, dear I'm busy , I'll call you back . Ok bye , and I'll explain when we meet , I love you."

The line goes dead and I just sit there with a lot of things running through my mind.