A meeting in Wyoming

On a cold winter day in Wyoming, the young couple in their formal business wears stepped inside the elevator, pressed the button to reach the highest floor of the crystalline building. They're soon to meet and enter the office of Jacqueline Fontaine, mother of Alex Clarissa Fontaine.

"Looking handsome today, Nik. Like a real business man.", she praised Nik's new outfit. Both of them carrying their wet winter coats in their arms.

"Have to look great if I want to impress your mom, right? And you look like a real business woman, rook.", he confessed to Alex who wore a light blouse, a black skirt and matching heeled boots.

"Thanks, Nik. My mother is a business woman, why not show some respect, huh? She likes a formal dresscode. Besides, don't forget to behave yourself too. The look isn't the only thing that matters."

"I always behave myself, rook. You sayin' this to me?? I'm a total gentleman. No big deal, relax. Let's just quickly make-out a bit in the elevator before someone else enters it. Besides, it'll take time till we reach the top of the building. So why not enjoy a bit and loosen ourselves?"

"Niiiiiiik, behave. Not in my mom's office.", she rolled her eyes and he chuckled as she delievered a soft, playful punch on his shoulder

"Just kiddin', rook. Don't worry. But... You look so damn hot today that I would like to. Not my fault that you're ruining the gentleman inside me.", he mischevously smiled at her.

As the two reached the highest floor, they left the elevator and walked hand in hand towards the dark, wooden door with a metallic name plate on it. It said "Jacqueline Fontaine's Office (Accountant & CEO)".

"We're here. You nervous?", she asked him and knocked lightly at the door.

"Maybe a little. Damn, she's a successful business woman. She must have high standards and I... Now, I'm really nervous to meet your family."

"Hmmm, guess I didn't knocked loud enough or she isn't here.", Alex wondered and decided to open the door herself.

With Nik close behind her, she stepped inside the office where her mother was sitting at her large desk, but she wasn't alone. Infront of her were her clients seated who were probably discussing a business matter with her. Alex's mother got surprised when she suddenly saw her daughter infront of her. The mother wore a light blouse and a short, black skirt which. Earrings were hidden behind her black, shoulder-lenght hair. Her fair skin was covered with make-up. For her age, the woman has definitly held herself good.

"Alex??! Dear, what are you doing here all of a sudden? I'm having a very important business meeting. Very important, dear.", she signaled to leave.

"But... But you wanted to meet us and..."

"Later, darling. Later, not now. Wait in the hall for me. And next time, you better knock before entering.", she stood up and ushered her and Nik outside of the room to leave. The door got closed infront of the two.

"Damn, that was... rude. Rook, didn't you informed your mom that we were coming? Was there an exact time planned or..."

"Shut up, Nik!!! Quiet!!! I'm super annoyed and disappointed right now!!! And of course, I informed her!!! The fact that she's the one who invited us.", she faced him with anger which made Nik worry.

Of course she wasn't mad at him, but somehow he felt hurt by her harsh words like shutting him up. They rarely had a fight and if they were argueing, then it was often how overprotective Nik was or how Alex put herself into danger again.

"I... I'm sorry, rook.", he looked away and both took a seat on a nearby couch in the waiting area. For a few minutes it was total silence between the couple. Nik waiting that Alex would calm herself down. When he finally looked at her, he saw her wrapping her arms around herself and rubbing them against her body while closing her eyes.