Cupid's arrows (F!MC x Nik Ryder)

Author's note: Readers discretion advised! There will be strong language, magic, violence and hatred, but it's a happy ending.

"How could you, Nik?! You promised me that we'll go on a date night together and now you're telling me that Luc needs your help? Yesterday it was Ivy, the day before you had a mission and that day before you... Arrgh, you never have time for me.", Alex disappointedly told him and decided to head to sleep after Nik had to cancel their date tonight. Again.

"Hey now, I'll be back in a few minutes, then we'll head to that great pizza place...", he tried to explain by grabbing her hand before she could head into the bedroom to avoid him. Frustrated, Alex released her hand from his grip, head into the bedroom of Nik's, which is now their apartment and slammed the door close.

"But we loved to go to that pizza place, rook?"

"It's not just the date night. Every time we go together on a hunt, you never let me help you. I'm just standing next to you, watching how you kill monsters. I... I need a change, Nik. I don't want this. Good night.", she answered from behind the door until a long silence hung in the air. Nik couldn't believe that she was angry at him for such a small thing. She needed a change? What kind of change? Why have they been fighting over several topics in the last few weeks? Does she even love him anymore? A change. That word made Nik panic. He already lost her once at the battle against Thomas which made him fear. He can't lose her again, so he decided to give her some space until she calmed herself down and heads towards Luc's souvenier shop.

Inside Luc's souvenier shop was his magical herbs and supplies shop which stayed hidden from humans and strangers. Only costumers who he trusts were allowed to enter or just take a little peak inside. He doesn't wanted any magical items land in the wrong hands. Nik, the nighthunter stepped inside and greeted his friend in the shop while his gaze skimmed over several carnival masks, sequined t-shirts and fake skeletons hanging in the wall.

"Hey Luc, I'm here! You wanted to see me?"

"Ah, mon amie, there you are. I have a very important task for you.", Luc greeted the hunter from behind the counter. He pulled a box from a cupboard, placed it infront of him and opened it.

"I'm heading to a client, so I need you to protect these arrows inside this box. Unfortunatly I cannot keep them inside my souvenier shop because some strangers were following me and they might break into my shop to look for these arrows."

"Don't worry, I'll protect the arrows. But what's so special about them? They aren't just like my Holy Light arrows, right?"

"Even more special, they're Cupid's arrows."

"Like love arrows? Yeah, right."

"Really Nik, it's true.", Luc tried to convince the nighthunter, but Nik didn't cared, took the box with the arrows and left the shop.

XXX

"Pfff, Cupid's arrows.", Nik laughed as he sat on the white couch in his livingroom while holding the arrows which Luc gave him. He couldn't believe Luc's words even though the arrows looked kind of magical and special. Pink, heartshaped arrows.

After his eyes landed on the crossbow, an idea popped into his head. Since probably his girlfriend, Alex was quietly sleeping in his bedroom after their heated argument a few minutes ago, Nik decided to test on of Luc's arrows with his crossbow by firing them towards the wall. The hunter was curious and felt bored, so he decided to fire only one arrow through the room quietly without making a noise to wake her up. He hoped that after Alex gets a good night sleep, she would forget about the fight. Nik stood up entered the pink arrow in his crossbow, aiming it towards the wall, but...