𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 - 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘺'𝘴 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴

Kai removed his glasses from the case, finally being able to remove his contacts

Kai removed his glasses from the case, finally being able to remove his contacts. He stood by the long metal table inside the plane. The unit was looking at the long tail they were able to take back to the states with them. Kai placed his glasses onto his face to look at the monster's tail. It was crazy to have something like this so close up to them. Seeing it from far away, twice, was scary. Kai wasn't sure what they were dealing with and nor did the Air Force when they picked up the unit.

Lennox was looking it over, trying to see if he could find anything that could help them understand what they were dealing with.

"It's like a self-regenerating molecular armor." One of the Air Force officers said. "Look at the scorch mark where the sabot round hit."

"Melted right through." Lennox turned to Epps who was standing at the end of the table. "Hey, aren't sabots hot-loaded for, like, a 6,000-degree magnseium burn?" He asked.

"Close to it. It melts tank armor."

"So this metal skin must react to extreme heat." All of a sudden, the tail moved off the table. Epps shouted as he moved back. The spike on th tail stabbed staright into the metal table.

"I thought you said that thing was dead, man!" Epps shouted. The tail fell back down onto the table. Kai reached over quickly, pressing down on the metal to stop it from moving again. Lennox gave the order to strap it down.

"This thing is wicked." Lennox said. Kai nodded his head, looking over at tail. He truly had no idea what he was looking at or what they were dealing with. "All right, get on the horn with Northern Command. Tell them that our effective weapon is high-heat sabot rounds. Recommend we load 'em on all the gunships." Lennox ordered Epps.

Kai tugged on the strap that was provided, locking the tail down onto the table. Lennox walked over to Kai, "I want you to look into the mechanics of this thing."

Kai nodded slowly. "Captain Lennox," Kai tightly the strap before facing him. "When can we contact our families?" Kai was worried about his mom. The unit was told that the military made an announcement that the likelihood of survivors were slim. Kai knew he needed to talk to his mom – and Ro – to let her know he was okay.

"Not yet." Lennox wanted to do the same, but right now, they couldn't. They had two members of the unit down, needing medical attention before they could think about themselves.

"Okay." Kai took a deep breath, looking back at the tail.

Lennox's hand went onto Kai's shoulder. "Soon, Kai, I promise." Kai understood.

-

The Autobots came up behind the Moon house. Olive climbed out of Bumblebee, seeing the downstairs lights still on. "Mom's probably watching her evening shows. I'm gonna try and sneak in." Olive's other punishment was that she couldn't be around Ro for the next two weeks. It was a harsher punishment than the grounding for breaking and entering that construction site and getting caught by the cops.