Chapter Five

“Yeah, you better ‘liver’ alone. ‘Liver’ alone!”

《~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~》

Thursday, September 26th, 1996

Woodsboro, California, U.S.A.

Morrison Residence

Come on, Michael, we’re gonna be late!” [Name] shouts to her brother upstairs.

He soon yells back from his bedroom, 
“I’ll be down in a minute!”

As [Name] hurriedly ties her shoelaces, 
the doorbell rings. Tying the second shoe, she shoots up off of the sofa she was sitting on and races over to the door. Opening it, she sees Sidney.

“Hey, Sid. We’re almost ready,” she says. Not even a second later, Michae comes dashing down the stairs. “Let me rephrase that, now we’re ready.”

Sidney smiles, “Did you guys eat?” The two siblings nod in agreement. “Good. Let’s go then.”

Locking the door, the party of three go to [Name]’s car and hop in.

“Did your dad already leave for the airport?” [Name] questions her friend as she starts driving in the direction of the school.

“Yeah, he left pretty early this morning.”

“When’s he coming back?”“Should be Sunday,” Sidney answers. “Do you two wanna spend the night over one of these nights? We can invite the others too. Make it a little sleepover type thing.”

“No offense, Sid,” Michael says from the backseat, “but I’ll pass. That just screams the set-up for a horror movie.”

“How?” Sidney asks, turning her body to glance at the boy.

“Think about it, you, [Name], Billy, Stu, Randy, Tatum, and Cole are gonna be there. That’s seven teenagers all alone in a big house. At night. There will most likely be alcohol. Who do killers attack the most? Drunken teens.”

[Name] chuckles, “I mean, he’s not wrong, Sid.”

Sidney shakes her head, “Alright, smart guy, where are you going to be tonight?”

“Simple, Jason’s house,” Michael replies.

“Oh, and that’s not a place a killer would attack?”“Of course. Killers don’t kill freshman kids.”

Looking at [Name], Sidney gives her the most confused expression.

“Again, not wrong,” [Name] nods.

“This is why I don’t watch horror movies, they’re idiotic,” Sidney says and slumps into her seat.

The three continue their discussion until they show up at the high school. Confusion grows in all of them at the sight of multiple news vans and police vehicles surrounding the school lawn.

“What the hell is going on?” [Name] questions.

“I don’t know…” Sidney replies.

They quickly find a parking spot and exit the car; various voices of news reporters are heard all around. Michael gets closer to his sister as the three of them walk up to the main entrance. All of a sudden, Sidney stops at the sight of someone, causing [Name] to bump into her lightly.

“Sid?” she questions her friend but soon her gaze follows Sidney’s and she sees a familiar reporter, Gale Weathers. “Ah, shit. Not this bitch again…”