Chapter Three

"What's your favorite scary movie?"

《~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~》

Wednesday, September 25th, 1996

Woodsboro, California, U.S.A.

Becker Residence

Crickets chirp outside into the night as 17-year-old Casey Becker moves about her house

Crickets chirp outside into the night as 17-year-old Casey Becker moves about her house. Inside, she crouches down to see the titles of movies on her video shelf and proceeds to pick various horror movies, settling on two for the night. Suddenly, the white brick phone that rests on the TV stand begins to ring. Standing up, Casey places the videos on the floor, picks up the phone, and answers.

"Hello?" she says.

"Hey," the voice of [Name] rings through, "I just came to apologize for the millionth time."

Casey smiles slightly, "[Name], it's fine. All three of us can have a movie night another night, it's no biggie. Work is work." She walks back to the stack of two movies on the floor and picks them up, taking them to the kitchen and placing them on the kitchen island.

"Are you sure? I still feel horrible..."

"I'm positive. Did you and that geek close up the store already?"

[Name] chuckles slightly, "That geek has a name you know. But to answer your question, yes, we did. I just got home and got Michael from Sidney's."

"Ah, gotcha. Why'd you have to stay so late anyway? It's unlike your boss to keep you that late."

"I know. Karen wasn't able to stock the videos tonight due to some family emergency. So, I was stuck there with Randy."

"Karen? As in Creepy Karen?" Casey questions as she rummages through the kitchen for her Jiffy Pop that she stashed for movie nights.

"Don't call her that. Despite contrary belief, she's nice."

"Whatever you say, [Name]."

"Anyways, what movie are you and the jock gonna watch?" [Name] asks.

"We're planning on watching two. Halloween and Christine," Casey informs.

An annoyed groan is heard on the other line which makes Casey chuckle.

"You know how much I love Christine! It's a classic!" [Name] exclaims.

"I know you do, and we'll watch it when you're able to come over next time," Casey says, a triumphant smile now on her face as she finally finds the popcorn she was looking for. After grabbing one of the various Jiffy Pop packets, she goes over to the stove to cook it when the phone suddenly indicates that another person is trying to call. "Shit, [Name] I've gotta put you on hold for a minute, someone else is calling."

"It's no problem, go ahead."

"Thanks, I'll be right back," Casey promises and puts her friend on hold. She then hops on over to the other line and answers, "Hello?"