Always

word count: 906

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Almost twenty-four hours. You've been kept in this damn basement for almost a full day.

Klaus is a little bitch and antagonized the Salvatore brothers. So, in retaliation, they snatched you on your way to your bi-monthly manicure. Honestly, you're not scared. You're more annoyed than anything else.

As of date, you've never been permanently damaged by anything. Klaus and his siblings almost always get to you before anything bad happens, Elijah taking you home while Klaus, Kol, and Rebekah kill more people than necessary out of spite.

The Salvatores are so done for.

"So, you're Klaus' new endeavor?" a voice asks from the other side of the door. You look up and see Damon's smug face through the bars.

"Seems like it. What did he do this time?"

"Oh, you know, tortured my brother." You cross your arms and lean against the wall.

"Sounds like Klaus. Whatcha need me for?" Damon opens his mouth to answer but you hold your hand up. "No, wait, don't tell me. Revenge?"

"You're about as sarcastic and witty as he is," Damon grumbles.

"I like to I'm more so."

"Well, you're a lot more mortal than him," a new voice muses. Stefan Salvatore steps up to the door as well.

"That obvious?" you shoot back, rolling your eyes.

"Why are you with a monster like him?"

"You're just like him. Killing people, getting into adult petty arguments and then ripping heads off because of it."

"He's going to get tired of you, (Y/N), because that's who Klaus Mikaelson is," Stefan tries. Your heart pangs and you clench my first, fed up with them now.

"What's your plan, geniuses?" You look between the boys. "Are you gonna dance around your anger toward yourselves and each other? Test your already fragile loyalty toward each other because some stereotypical cheerleader bitch can't choose between a suck up and a dick?"

In a flash, Damon has his hand around your throat. Your head hits the rock wall hard, prompting stars to dance in front of your eyes.

"Don't ever talk about Elena like that," he hisses. You claw at his hand, trying to get him to let go.

"Damon," Stefan warms. Damon lets you go and you drop to the ground, wheezing.

"You know," you gasp, "you really show where your priorities lie. I just shit on your relationship with your brother and you focus on the insult I threw at Elena." Damon snaps and throws you into the wall. You feel something crack and you cry out.

Looks like this'll be the event that changes everything.

"Damon! Enough!" Stefan shouts.

"Why should we show her mercy?" Damon spits, pointing at your pathetic figure on the ground. "She's with Klaus. You really think she's redeemable?"

"I'm more redeemable than your psychotic ass," you groan. Damon kicks your stomach and you lose the ability to breathe.

"She's human! You're going to kill her!" Stefan snaps.

"That's the plan," Damon grinds, stalking toward you. Just as Damon picks you up by your already sore neck, a thump sounds from behind Damon. He turns, allowing you to see. Klaus stands over a temporarily dead Stefan.

Klaus looks up and at Damon, not glancing at you. It's not because he doesn't care, it's because he'll break if he sees you like this. He's told you multiple times to reassure you that even though he seems indifferent, it's to get you out alive.

His eyes are hard and narrowed, the blood staining his visage only adding to the intensity of his gaze.

"Give her back to me," Klaus growls, his voice an unnerving timbre. "Now."

Damon grins, tightening his grip on your neck. Klaus' eyes change to their yellow hue and his fangs appear.

"Revenge sure is sweet, Klaus," Damon taunts. The lack of air taints your vision black. Your eyes roll back into your head and the sound drowns out.

Something hard hits your body and you can breathe again. You feel someone touch you, and your eyes shoot open.

"Don't touch me," you rasp, dazed. Your body trembles in uncontrollable fear. Your chest heaves, still trying to get enough air into your lungs.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Klaus' voice soothes. You force yourself to calm enough to take in everything going on. Damon and Stefan are out on the floor, a stake in both their abdomens. Klaus takes your hand gently, rubbing his thumb over your knuckles.

"Klaus?"

"Listen to me. You're safe. They're not going to hurt you again. I'm here now. Trust me, I won't let anybody hurt you." Tears finally fall and  you throw myself at Klaus, shaking.

"I- I just—"

"I know. It's okay. You're okay," Klaus promises. "Let's get you home, okay?" You nod, wincing at the pain in your body. Klaus notices and bites his wrist, holding it to your mouth. You reluctantly drink from him, grimacing at the metallic taste. Klaus chuckles softly, lifting you up.

"Thank you for coming to get me," you mumble against Klaus' slightly bloodied shirt.

"I'll never not come for you. I love you, (Y/N)." You snuggle closer into Klaus' chest as he gets ready to whisk you home.

"I love you, too."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Surrounded and up against a wall

I'll shred 'em all and go with you

— My Blood by twenty one pilots —