Interruption

word count: 1,343

ᨑᨑᨑ

"We have not had a night to ourselves in awhile. Would you like to attend dinner with me? It is our second anniversary after all." your boyfriend, Elijah, says. You look up from your book and smile.

"That sounds great, 'Lijah! Also, I can't believe you remembered." He smiles softly.

"Of course, I remembered. Not even Niklaus could make me forget. How do you feel about 7:30?" You smile, giggling like a schoolgirl with a crush.

"Perfect."

"I'll have dinner ready by then." You nod, setting your book down.

"I'm going to get ready, then." He kisses your cheek as you walk by. Even after two years of dating, you blush. You walk up the stairs and into your shared room. You start the shower, making sure to lay your towel in the bathroom this time, since Kol thought it would be funny to steal all of the towels, leaving you naked and cold for two hours until Elijah got home.

As you undress, you look at the picture of you and Elijah in front of the Eiffel Tower. It was your one year anniversary and he had surprised you with a trip to Paris.

ᨑᨑᨑ

"Elijah, please tell me why we were on a plane for ten hours," you complain. He chuckles, leading you off of the private jet he decided to buy for spontaneous rendezvous.

"You'll see." Once you're off the jet, your mouth falls open and you look at Elijah in awe.

"Paris? Are you serious?" you squeal, your voice getting higher with each word. He smiles, happy about your obviously shocked reaction.

"Happy one year, my love." He pulls you to him, kissing the side of your head. You lean into his touch, bathing in the love and rareness of a peaceful moment alone.

ᨑᨑᨑ

You finish washing your hair and step out, deciding to let it dry naturally. Elijah always liked the natural state of your hair. You used to hate it. You ended up hating your hair so much that you would spend a crazy amount of money on products. Once you met Elijah, that changed.

ᨑᨑᨑ

You step out of the shower, refreshed and ready to dry your hair. You run the towel over your hair, and start getting my nightclothes on. You recently bought new black lingerie, but you think you'll use that on yours and Elijah's next romantic getaway. You slip on one of Elijah's button-ups before sliding on your underwear. As you're about to turn on the blow dryer, Elijah steps into the bathroom.

"Elijah!" you exclaim, hiding your face with a towel. He chuckles.

"Why are you hiding?"