Part 8. Your Sinister Ways

There was something about the way she was pronouncing all her words like she had been training her vocal cords for the longest time imaginable, she had a soft calming voice even when talking about such a grotesque subject her voice remained soft a little cheerful, and airy, but somehow put the other students at ease. Professor Dippet and Dumbledore were present in the classroom as well, wondering how she would take care of the final-year students, 

"It's quite easy to disregard a living body as just a group of cells and kill it... it's human nature the psychology of understanding why we behave the way we do, and why torture brings out the darkest sides of a person." Hana explained, "These are the basic curses, The Imperius--"

"Cruciatus," McGregor said, 

"And The killing curse," Robin added, 

"Yes. They are unforgivable because of the amount of damage they can do to someone, To the point their minds go insane."  Hana looked at the whole class catching Tom Riddle staring at her intently and you being as least bothered as you could, 

Lady Fran was never too big on teaching children, seeing them as the new generation instead she simply wanted to keep her head out of this colloquial setting. 

 The introduction of these two teachers, Lady Fran and Lady Hana were done by Dumbledore himself, he even gave a special avocation to the new Gryfindoor student. Gin Mcarthy. 

Dumbledore knew what this meant having two of the Zen masters here, could spiral Mystery beyond the gates of Hogwarts could have ever seen, bring the new spiraling war or maybe it had always been a possibility that war couldn't be avoided. 
But, Dumbledore knew what he was doing when he had asked the Rosewood family for help. 

You were simply writing down some practice questions, or have been trying to mug up some herbs which Lady Hana would ask you to find in the dense wilderness of a faraway land, you were lost in those days, you smiled to yourself, You, Gin and Rose you three travelled a lot before things got so messy it was all shattered and destroyed, 

"Y/n." Someone slowly called out to you, 

"What is it Riddle?" You called out, you had just been reminiscing of your past memories which gave you so much comfort, you looked at his Dark irises it was almost like obsidian, but his soul was greyish like lead, He was weak. Only seventeen, how could he have, whose help did he have to knock the Rosewood family? Your family? 
You could ponder about that in a more rational way you believed, but those eyes called out more pain and strife it felt like your blood was freezing, and your Soul would die from the wounds. 

"Y/n?" Riddle, called out again when he saw you just absent mindedly bore your eyes at him, without any intimidation your eyes did not waver, nor did it look at him with any attraction it just looked... unreadable. 

"Sorry... What was it?"

Riddle raised an eyebrow at you, "Are you playing some sort of mindless game of words? Just the other day you looked at me with so much contempt, now your apologizing?"

"Do you prefer me looking at you with that sort of intent?" You asked in a clear tone, 

"No, it would just raise more quarrels since, so many professors already like you, I wouldn't want to tarnish that." 

"Right, I admit I was a little unreasonable, but you haven't exactly got the best reputation here." You reminded, "People talk, and they talk a lot." 

"Miss Harrision, and Mr. Riddle can you quit the talking?" Lady Fran called out, you sighed, 

-----------------------------------------------------------

You left the classroom before your friends could catch you, you had to calm down this freezing feeling in your gut, how your diaphragm kept rising. You had completely forgotten you were on a mission. You had a huge responsibility you could not make this personal. Your friends. Family. There life is probably in shambles right now, so you had to get it together. 

"Harrison, I need to ask you a few questions. Regarding yourself, and your lineage." Tom Riddle outrightly told you, he made his intentions clear, he must have already done some amount of research in the library. His dark plans must be evolving in a very efficient manner, he must already be trying to read your facial expressions, your body language to see if you would give anything away. 

"Are you always this bold, Riddle? But I guess I'm not so surprised." 

"What do you mean?" 

"You're not the first person, who has tried to find out of our family, I understand it's captivating, we are always hidden in mist. But I don't mind showing you some parts of our culture I guess... but I've been warned about you Riddle. I'll state that. I've been warned to not let you in to much, so I'll have to ask why Riddle, why do you want to know?" 

You recalled one of those days in the potion's classroom, that Professor Dumbledore said something about a mysterious Slytherin heir, you regrated assuming it was just a piece of junk. But, in the far corner to your mind it had never left you. Dumbledore was an intelligent wizard why would he say something if it didn't mean anything?

Since, you kind of forgot Lady Fran's teaching which is why she was a little annoyed with you the whole afternoon, and yesterday and the week before, Is because at the starting she never wanted you to attend Hogwarts. It was like she had foreseen something even Dumbledore failed. 

"So, Harrison. tell me clearly, what must I do to gain your trust?" Riddle asked, his voice became huskier, moist like the fog on the hills you grew up in, 

You stepped back a little startled, at how he changed his entire behavior in a moment, you could start to understand the reason why he charmed professor Slughorn, 

"I need to go." You quickly ushered, only before that Riddle grabbed your arm pulling you back, you looked back at him startled. But this time you didn't repulse. 

You looked at his dark eyes, which had more darkness and it scared you for the first time, what did you sign up for?

------------------------------------------------

It's been a while, 
A lot of new terms are arising, 
But I hope you'll be patient with me. 
You won't regret it.
Thank you.