Part 3. Competition With the Devil

Weeks into Hogwarts and you enjoyed yourself, for now, everything felt normal and was less suffocating this is how it was supposed to be but now instead, you felt wrong. Your friends all must be in hiding, or fighting for their survival but here you were feasting on the lavishing meals Hogwarts had to offer, sleeping on soft comforters in the pouring rain. 
And laughing. 
You could not shake that horrible sinking feeling. And within these weeks you felt quite sick. A sickness that would never go away till you reached home to the warm embrace of your friends. 

It was a sunny day the sky was blue not a cloud in the sky. And you decided to let yourself to the confines of the room. 
Going through a few letters and trinkets you got a long time ago, why did you feel a long time ago?

The mission will not be over, will it... if I just stay here?
staring through the past
that's not going to return? 

I will be stuck here if I don't finish my work.

and return to home. 

You told yourself. 
But the gloom hung around you like a think graveyard of sand which was taking you six feet under the Earth, except your body was breathing normally not a scratch or bruise polluting your body. 

No, it was never that it was your dark swollen mind. 

Thinking it was going to be better to distract yourself and let these thoughts consume you some other time you decided to spend your time in the library.

Entering the beautiful ambient library, you did not have anything particular to read. But you just browsed through the books arranged. 
When you felt a tap on your shoulder you turned around to see the Tom Riddle. Our future bridge to the future. 

"Miss Harrison I'm here to check if you have any problems, I've been asked by Professor Dumbledore to check on you." Tom quietly asked. 

"I see, so far I haven't got any problems regarding the castle as of such..." Taking this as an opportunity. Getting a chance to talk to him, you decided to drag the conversation. 

"However, The Tri-wizard tournament since it could not be conducted last year is there a chance it will be this year?" 

Tom nodded, "I believe so, However the rules this time are a little altered." 

"Like?" You asked. 

"There will be a grand dual at the end of September right here in Hogwarts the winning candidate shall go to Durm Strang to represent the school. There is no age limit like the last tournament." 

"So do we have a special application form or anything to be filled." 

"I apologize for my rudeness, but you speak as though you want to enter yourself, and the tournament people lose their lives to." Tom Riddle's voice became slightly arrogant and overconfident the tint in his tone slightly increasing. "Your magical skills are never shown for your eligibility. 

"Did I ask for your opinion regarding my skills?" Waiting for his reply for a few seconds you replied, "Yes, me neither." 

Letting the stunned silence to settle you spoke again, "Is there?" You reminded. About the application. 

Tom Riddle nodded, "Only the qualification at the grand dual end of September." 

"Got the end of September I think I will see you there maybe..." You nodded and excused yourself. 

You began taking the turns to Dumbledore's office and you saw Lily and Snape having an argument. 
You took the turn, not meddling what was not your business and opened the door and you gave a small barely notable smile. 

But, in front of you was the same she had long black hair curled at the ends, gentle blue eyes and her lips curled into a dazzling smile. 

"Lady Fran, merci d'e^tre venu ici" You bowed respectfully. (Lady Fran Thank you for coming here.) 

Professor Dumbledore got up and walked around his desk, "Y/n close the door." Lady Fran ordered you obliged shutting the door. 

"Y/n, did your bring the ingredient I asked of you?"  Lady Fran asked in formal tone. 

"Oui Lady Fran!" You spoke. 

"Dumbledore, your aware of the circumstances we are right now, oui?" 

"Lady Fran you need not worry I will make sure--" Lady Fran interrupted Dumbledore. 

"Dumbledore, people's past mistakes, turn to mistakes made every day until it's too late to realize it until one fateful day we realize it was a grave error." Lady Fran walked strutted and stopped in front of you. 

"I only came for one reason, to know my student was all alone you know the measures I've taken to get here?" Lady Fran's now beautiful French accent had turned cold, it always happened when she was going to make a harsh choice. 

"You know my power Dumbledore, don't make me do that to you... Je n'ai aucune envie de te faire du mal." (I have no wish to harm you) "However..." Lady Fran said. 

Your eyes narrowed and your fists curled, and you tapped your feet. "If you do not step aside on this one... I will do that." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been so long since my updates!
But here is the next chapter, If there are some French readers here and I have done some mistake so sorry, I just wanted to add a little touch!