The Storm

Past 2003

After dropping off Teddy at Andromeda's after watching him for a few days Harry was more than ready to be able to have sex with Hermione wherever and whenever he wanted again. The where was currently the sofa in front of the fireplace at Grimmauld, and the when was close to midnight.

Music played from the wireless, as he stared up at her with a smile. The room was dim, but the fire threw dancing shadows across Hermione's naked body as she straddled him. She rocked softly back and forth as she sang along to the song playing, pressing kisses along his neck.

I've been waiting so long

To be where I'm going

In the sunshine of your love

Her soft skin was like a caress against his own, and her hard nipples rubbed against his chest with her movements. His chest ached a bit with the intensity of his happiness with this one moment. How loved he felt by her as Hermione sang to him, kissing and stroking him softly. A soft laugh escaped Harry when she hit a particularly high note and her voice cracked a bit.

She fake pouted for a minute before breaking out in a smile again. "You sing for me, Harry." She urged him, her nails gliding along his chest.

Harry shifted her a little on his lap, running his hands up her back until he reached her long hair, messing with her curls. He loved messing with her hair, feeling her curls slide through his fingers. Sometimes he regretted things from the past, but it was moments like these that made everything worth it. Every step. Every decision. They had led him here to being with her. To being able to have her naked on his lap while he played with curls.

He gave her a playful smile, tugging lightly at the ends of her curls. "But I'm such a bad singer. What if you decide you can do better?"

Hermione seemed to take the question seriously, rather than the playful manner he had meant it in. Her hands cupped his face, tilting it backward and she leaned in close. Her soft warm eyes searched his as if she was trying to make sure he would understand. "I love you, Harry James Potter. There is nothing in this world that could make me leave you."

Her words seemed to arrow into his soul painfully, targeting all his most secret fears. It scared him sometimes the intensity of the need he felt for her, for her love. He wanted everything she had to give with a greedy desperation driven by a childhood bereft of love. How had he survived before this? When she had turned away after they had slept together? When they had barely spoken? Harry honestly didn't know.

And now.

Well, now Harry didn't think he could handle it if it went wrong again if he messed up and lost her again. It would be like losing the other half of his soul. He would wither away for want of her.

Harry pulled Hermione down to kiss her, slipping his tongue into her mouth, and kissing her deeply. But she broke away too soon with a laugh. "You don't get out of it that easily. Sing for me, Harry."

And the drive to make her happy was just as intense, he thought wryly, giving in to her demand. Even with the intimacy of being naked together Harry's face started to heat as he began to sing to Hermione. However as he saw the pleasure on her face, his voice slowly gained confidence.

The light's shining through on you

Yes, I'm with you my love

It's the morning and just we two

I'll stay with you darling now

I'll stay with you 'til my seas are dried up

They laughed together as he stopped, after completely missing all the right notes that the singer hit on the word 'up.' Harry leaned further back on the sofa, his hands traveling up her body that was on display for him. The contrast of his rough quidditch toughened fingertips against her soft skin made him lick his lips. As he touched her goosebumps spread along Hermione's skin following the path of his hand, and her nipples hardened.