Memine

Past 2003

Four-year-old Teddy was being held against Harry as Hermione stood next to them as they knocked on the door of the Burrow. It was late on New Year's and Teddy was alternating between extremely hyper and extremely sleepy. Being held by his godfather was a sleepy time though, and Teddy rested his head against Harry's shoulder with his mouth partly open a little string of drool going down his cheek.

Hermione reached for her wand vanishing it from Teddy's face just as the door opened to reveal a widely grinning Ron. "You guys made it!

Hermione stepped forward giving Ron a hug, "We can't stay too long because we have to take Teddy back to Andromeda."

"What!" Ron poked Teddy. "It's okay he can just become a Weasley and you guys can stay here."

Molly Weasley came close shooing Ron away from the door. "Let them in the house! You're keeping that poor baby in the cold."

Ron rolled his eyes meeting Hermione's gaze with a smile, he opened his mouth about to invite them to come sit with him but Harry stepped awkwardly between them. "Oh, I've been meaning to catch up with Bill and see Victoire."

Hermione's gaze immediately went to where Harry was pointing. On the far side of the room Bill, Fleur, and their three-year-old daughter sat. Victoire was quite possibly the prettiest little girl Hermione had ever seen. Harry nodded at Ron as Hermione waved at both of them before heading speedily in the direction of Victoire.

Ron gave Harry a slightly awkward smile. "Want to join me mate? I can get you a drink."

Molly Weasley oblivious to the tension between the two men cooed at baby Teddy. "Here Harry let me take him, I made some treacle tarts! Are those still your favorites too?"

Teddy perked up immediately at the words 'treacle tart' as if it was some form of reinnervate spell. "I like those!"

"Of course you do!" Molly said comfortably taking Teddy's hand once Harry set him back on his feet and led him towards the kitchen.

"I think I'll go join Hermione, actually," Harry said easily, stepping past Ron. Harry preferred having Ron across the room from Hermione. She was already chatting easily with Fleur, the annoyances of her teenage self had been washed away during the time they spent with Bill and Fleur at Shell Cottage after the horror of Malfoy Manor.

Harry had almost made it to Hermione when a much shorter redhead stepped into his path.

"Hey, Harry," Ginny said quietly, her shoulders back and chin high. "Haven't seen you around too much."

Harry stuck his hands in his pockets, giving his ex a polite smile, despite feeling annoyance at being blocked from Hermione. If he didn't get back to her side soon he was sure Ron would pop up again and Harry didn't want him upsetting Hermione. "Yeah, I've been pretty focused on some things, but uh, I heard about your last game. Congrats."

Ginny's eyes darted away and back to Harry just as quickly as she held herself even stiffer. Her tongue darted out and she licked her lips staring up at him. "Harry, you know—"

"Harry!" Hermione called from behind Ginny. "Come see Victoire's braid, it looks so beautiful."

Harry's attention was immediately diverted back to Hermione, who was staring at him intently. He liked it when she watched him like that. "Sorry, Ginny, excuse me." He murmured to his ex, not even looking at her as he moved past her toward Hermione.

As soon as Harry was close enough Hermione held out her hand for him, locking her fingers with his, and reassured by how quickly Harry had turned his attention back to her. It still bothered her to see Harry with Ginny, it reminded her too much of the immediate aftermath of the war. How Harry had immediately moved on from her back to Ginny like nothing had happened between them in the tent that night.