Chapter 12

"We wish you a Merry Christmas,we wish you a Merry Christmas, and a happy new year......"

The theme song of one of the greatest holidays of the year. Waking up on Christmas morning is, somewhat, magical. The excitement of opening the first present, the swiftness of fingers tearing through wrapping paper, and of course the fighting.

My lungs burned and I gasped, trying to gulp oxygen. My body felt compressed under the weight of a thousand suns."Sophia, If you don't get of me I swear......"

We had both woken up extra early to began our gift heist, but like most heists, we turned on each other. Come on, if you saw a huge tree with hundreds of presents underneath, wouldn't you change plans?

She gazed upon me with a smirk, ceasing her scavage of gathering gifts. "You'll what?"

I pushed her off me easily, switching our positions. I began grabbing presents with my name on it, ignoring Soph's fists beating against my thigh."Oh God, you're heavy, I thought Talon put you on a diet?"

I narrowed my eyes at her."You think you're light?"  I had swiped all six of my gifts from under the tree and placed them by the couch. Sophia gasped, loudly and I smirked. "I'm not fat, you just can't handle the power of the booty."

She muttered, but grabbed all of her six and sat on the opposite couch facing mine, rolling her eyes at me.

Surprise, surprise! Her present was the first on I grabbed. Wrapped in gold wrap instead of the traditional Christmss caught my eye immediately. I opened it half heartedly, still mad at her, but that didn't stop my gasp. Inside was a box of a white pair of Michael Kors sandals, lined in gold. I glanced up and shrunk back. She leaped off the couch and tackled me in a bear hug. "Thank you soo much!" She sat next to me with a large, rectangular box in hand. Inside contained a pair of knee high leather boos, with a three inch heel. "How'd you get Soyun Lee's winter collection?" She gushed.

I pressed my hands together in prayer and bowed slightly."I have my ways, young Grasshopper."

"You're not my master." She rolled her eyes and by then, everyone had trickled in except Charlie (thank God).

"Master?" My mom interjected, sipping a mug of coffee. "Why Merry Christmas, Mr. Grey."

"Okay, back to the gifts, this convo is getting to 50 Shades." I shuddered. I ran through almost all the gifts. A box of things that held sentimental value from my childhood, from Mom. 

"Thanks, Ma." I hugged her taking in her sweet scent.

The presents were revealed until only two were left in my lap. I picked up the large heart shaped jewelry box, running my fingers over the velvet texture. Emptying the contents of the box into my lap, I gasped at its beauty. It was a silver necklace with a large heart shaped sapphire stone in the middle, diamonds outlining it.

"Talon, it's absolutely beautiful!" I gazed upon him in love and admiration. "It's perfect."

He pushed off from the wall he leaned crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm glad you like it, but that's not gift to you."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What?" I started running through all the gifts, I'd gotten.

"That's not the gift I got you." He repeated, crossing his arms with a frown on his face.