chapter 9

Cassidy

Dear journal,

The day of the dance seems to be around the corner. Brittany and I have decided to call this are little mission. I just hope that I am able to turn a few heads at that dance. I can't wait. After everything that I have been through lately I can't seem to understand how karma could have anything else to throw my way., if this was a test please tell me I passed it, because I wouldn't like a retake.

I put my notebook aside, and walked over to my laptop that seemed to be going crazy. It was a video call. Upon answering I realized that it was Brittany, and she seemed excited about something.

"Hey Britt what's up?" I asked.

"They broke up!" she squealed.

"Nuh uh?"I said". You better not be lying to me."

"I'm not I promise" she said.

I was getting ready to go when she said," hey Cassidy one more thing,"

"Sure what is it" I asked.

"On your iPhone, there's an app I got, you have to use it, just search walkie talkie, I have a feeling it might come in handy at the dance."

"You're crazy" I said to her playfully" gotta go bye"

**********************************************************************

Brittany

I got off the computer with Cassidy. She seemed so happy to find out that derrick and Emily parted ways. I was happy though, she wasn't a 'nice' person. There had been many occasions that I had caught her trying to do stuff to Cas. She tried to put eye drops into her coke because one of the idiot jocks told her that it causes violent diarrhea. Another time she tried to break into Cassidy's locker, all because Caroline, told her that Cassidy was a thief and that she stole her Gucci purse and was holding it hostage in her locker. She never once retaliated on Emily, but Emily still came back on her twice as hard as before. I did my best to protect her, and she did the same for me.

***********************************************************************

Cassidy

I had a weird feeling that something was going to happen tonight, and I was right. I slept on a pallet in my dad's room, because I didn't want to be too far away if anything happened. It was around 5:00 am and there was a crash in the living room. "Dad wake up" I yelled.

"I'm up, I'm up" he said, half asleep and waking up half startled. "Someone's in the house" I said.

He jumped out of bed and grabbed his gun, "stay here" he said firmly.

I got a little bit worried when he was gone for so long; I heard a gunshot come from out of nowhere. He shot her, she came back. I wandered down stairs, to find a dead Hope lying on the floor, with crimson blood running out from underneath her.

"I didn't want you to see this," he said.

"It's alright," I proclaimed. "Let's call the police. Tell them there was an intruder and that you had to shoot." I said, thinking rationally.

********************************************************************

Dad

She was right, in all my years of hard work on and off the field, I never once had to shoot someone that had meant something to me at one time or another. I knew for a fact that I didn't love her anymore. She almost jeopardized my relationship with Cassidy, how could I?

I grabbed the house phone off of the dock. I dialed 911. The dispatch operator answered.

"911 what's your emergency," said the dispatch woman.

"I have an intruder in my house, I shot her." I said.

"Okay sir, we'll send someone over to your home," she said." what did you say you address was again?"

"I didn't, its 1095 Melrose boulevard west block, there's locked gates at the front, have your officer call me back when he arrives," and with that, I hung up.