chapter five ▹ i believe i can fly!

┌───────────────────┐
chapter five: i believe i can fly!
word count: 3.5K
warnings: writing that was written in a hurry
because your girl is literally running late for a class
that is fifteen minutes away from home, and starts in 5 minutes :D
└───────────────────┘

THE NEXT DAY, Azalea Potter awoke to a pain in her neck and her lower back from falling asleep near the window. 

Her roommates, she'd noticed, had left without waking her up. 

Maybe they felt awkward waking her up, considering she wasn't even in bed? 

Weird justification, but that would have to do for then. She hurried to get up, wincing at the tightness of her muscles from how curled posture for over 6 hours, then noticed that she was already late and breakfast was almost over. 

She decided to skip the most important meal of the day — something she was sure Mrs. Emma would've scolded her for — and rushed through her process of getting ready and running down the stairs, almost tripping over her shoelaces at one point. 

Thankfully, the universe didn't hate her all that much, because her worries had been cast aside when she woke up this morning — Hogwarts wasn't a dream — and because she managed to make it just in time to catch ( a very confused ) Ron heading out of the almost empty Great Hall. 

"C'mon then, Azzie, were you planning to wake up tomorrow?" 

Azalea rolled her eyes and proceeded to explain that she'd fallen asleep near the window and none of her roommates had been arsed to wake her up. She winced every now and then because of her back pain, but didn't complain once because she didn't want to sound like a grandmum. 

"Ron. . ." Azalea stopped in her tracks when they'd been roaming around the school for a good ten minutes, Ron assuring her that he definitely knew the way. "Are you sure you know where McGonagall's classroom is?" 

". . .Yes?" Ron winced, his eyebrows scrunching up in worry. Contrary to what his brothers had told him, McGonagall scared the pants off of him the last night. "I don't knoooooow, I'm as new to this school as you are, Azzie." 

Azalea grimaced and proceeded to look at the classrooms herself, instead of relying on her ginger friend. After a few more minutes of scrutinizing every classroom the duo saw on their way, little miss Azzie finally managed to find McGonagall's classroom, where they both dashed in, breaths heavy and short from running around the castle since early morning — and Azzie hadn't even had breakfast!

Lucky for them, they didn't notice old McG anywhere near the desk. 

Azalea didn't want to take her chance in case McGonagall was around and just not near the desk, but Ron went ahead and put his hand in the lion's mouth anyway, "Whew! We made it — can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if she knew we were late?" 

Castor stifled a chuckle when he saw the bushy haired girl from the train roll her eyes. 

Unfortunately for Azzie and Ron, the pretty tabby cat on the teacher's desk was, in fact, old McG, and she transfigured into herself as soon as soon as Ron finished his sentence. 

"Woah!" Ron exclaimed, eyes wide as saucers. "That was bloody brilliant!" 

"Thank you for the assessment, Mr. Weasley," the professor spoke shortly. "Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Miss Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch? That way, at least one of you might be on time."