☆ prologue ▹ the girl and boy who lived

prologue the girl and boy who lived

song(s) for the chapter: are you with me? (bass boosted + reverb) - nilu , i lost a friend (with rain and thunder) - FINNEAS
word count: 3.5 k

. . . 

GODRIC'S HOLLOW was usually a calm, quiet neighborhood with little to no problems within the people residing there. It held a friendly and jovial atmosphere, one that attracted many and befriended them immediately. The peace within the vicinage was beguiling. 

The episodes occurring in the vicinity, too, happened in noiselessness. 

Many witches and wizards having residence there were interconnected to each other, and the Potters and Walkers were an excellent example. 

James and Lily Potter had known Malcolm and Maia Walker, respectively, since their first years at Hogwarts. Maia and Lily were the girls who caught the boys' eyes, and seven years later, the couples married at similar times and Malcolm was crowned king. Once Dumbledore had announced of the catastrophe that was more than likely to strike the happy menages, they'd decided that then, too, they would stick together. 

Considering how the fear of Voldemort had quaked through entire of Britain, and the magical world, Malcolm could not leave the Palace and go in hiding with his wife and son: who was the one in trouble. He'd requested - begged - James to find a place where the Potters and Maia and Castor could reside nearby, and James and Lily happily obliged. 

The place was secure, and no one other than the Marauders - who were almost brothers towards James and Malcolm - were aware of their addresses. 

A year had passed in content - both the children, Azalea Potter and Castor Walker, now a year old, had started blubbering incoherent words and taken small, gradual steps, and were content with each other. 

It was the eerie night of Halloween of 1989, that what the parents feared the most, occurred. 

Lily was curled up in an armchair in the corner of their dainty home, while James voiced a laugh at Azalea's attempt of prying his glasses off of his face and messed up his already messy hair.

When a yawn escaped little Azzie's pale lips, the Potters decided to call it a night. 

When Lily was sure Azalea was sound asleep, she headed downstairs to get a glass of water to keep by the baby's bedside, only to find her husband frozen in fear. 

"What's wrong?" she'd questioned. 

James simply gave her a look of terror, and she hoped it wasn't him standing on their front porch. 

"It's him." her husband said, and all she could think of was, well, there goes that hope.

"Lily, go take Aza and run." he continued calmly, even when his heart was racing a mile per second. 

"Not without you," she returned in a hush whisper as the rattling on the door finally sounded through the silent house. "C'mon, we can all go away together. I'm pretty sure she prefers you over me, anyways." 

He didn't answer, but simply pressed his lips to hers, sharing a last kiss. He also began walking to the direction of the stairs. 

"Go," he spoke sternly. "Take Aza, and go."