▹(ii) | "zura's depressed!" [c. walker]

(ii) | "zura's depressed!" [c. walker]

castor's age in the chapter: 10

zade's age in the chapter: 9 years and 11 months
azure's age in the chapter: 9 years

song for the chapter: better in stereo, from liv and maddie 

trigger warning(?): mentions of depression

. . .

 IT WAS PERHAPS an unwritten, unofficial law, that siblings could never get along, lest it be for creating mischief. 

Whether it was true or not, it was the reasoning proposed by the King of Great Britain each time he heard his children argue over the stupidest of things, or when he saw them troubling the Duke together. 

His wife often argued, saying that she was never like that with her sister, that they got along perfectly well, but considering that her sister had married the younger prince, she was quickly shut down by the look she received. 

So, in justification towards every pair of siblings in the world, she reinstated the statement as: No siblings in the Walker family could ever get along, unless it be for the sake of trouble, or chocolate.

Everyone agreed that this fact was much truer, considering in the past 7 generations of the Walkers, there have always been siblings, and they have never gotten along. 

When it came down to pranking each other, Castor and Azure, his little sister, always went to their cousin Zade, for help. 

Zade enjoyed being the middleman, the one who knew both their plans, and knew how much they'll be at each other's throats when the fun ends. However, he also has to be the one who has to stop them from killing each other in the end. 

So, when that Monday morning came, when Azure wasn't up for any trouble, everyone naturally thought it suspicious. Azure Walker, the little ray of mischief, wasn't even going near her brother's room? 

Castor felt concerned, because even when he was stuck in lesson with the woman assigned to teach him and his cousin, who they had so comedically nicknamed 'the Ursula', because she looked like the witch in the Little Mermaid, Azure had strayed away from each room he played in: the music room, where he practiced the piano, the sparring room, where he practiced holding the sword, or even the one swing in the garden behind the castle, where he loved to play. 

Azure had ignored him all day, not even passing a cheeky remark when she came in the room with the Ursula for her lessons, and when Castor and Zade were dismissed. 

"Maybe she's just having the girly mood swings mummy told us about?" Zade suggested. Castor shrugged it off, but when he saw Azure actually paying attention in class and not fooling around or doodling absolutely random and horrible little pictures on the papers, she was given to make notes, only one question popped in Castor's mind: