six

I WALKED INTO MY CALCULUS class earlier than I usually would, because I wanted to have some time to just nap on my own and have some time for myself. 

This was my first day in this particular class because of the rotating block schedule that Riverwood High had adopted just this year. I was talking to Amy earlier today and heard that the teacher for this class was gorgeous with dazzling green eyes, so I was excited to see what the hype was about.

I walked into the empty classroom and took a seat in the middle. I put all my stuff on the ground and rested my head on the table, preparing for a ten minute nap. After about five minutes of peace and quiet, the door opened. I wasn't expecting to see anyone this early in class but I guess, some people were just eager to learn or nap, just like me. 

I looked to the door, and to my surprise, Tyler was walking in. We made eye contact and I quickly averted my attention to the window on my right.

"What are you doing here early?" He asked.

"Obviously, sitting here." I replied without emotion as I continued to stare at the tree outside the classroom.

"Well, sometimes I like to come in early to just get my bearings and have some peace and quiet." He said quietly.

I looked up at him as he sat in the desk right next to me. "Do you have to sit there? There are plenty of other seats in here you know." I told him.

"Well, I want to sit here. " He retorted with a slight grin. I sighed before facing forward again and drowning myself back in my thoughts. He didn't say anything more after that, and I was grateful he had the brains to get my message. Usually football guys would be the last ones in the room, and also be dumb as hell, but maybe Tyler was different.

Soon after, the class started filling up, and a bunch of unfamiliar and familiar faces filled the room. There were a couple girls I knew in the class from tryouts who didn't make it, but that was about it. 

"Good morning to you all." A voice boomed from the crack of the door. The door swung upon, and in came our teacher. "My name is Mr. Jason Williams, and I will be your Calculus teacher this year." He grinned.

All the girls in the class were visibly more interested than the guys and some even went to the extent of fixing their hair and sitting up straighter. All I wanted to see were his eyes, and see if Amy was really right about their luminosity. Mr. Williams wrote his name on the chalkboard, and proceeded to head to his desk. Still no sign of gorgeous eyes. 

Finally he turned around and scanned around the room. I took one look at his eyes, and my immediately response was not a surprised gasp, but rather, the first thought that popped into my head was that his eyes were not as beautiful as Tyler's. 

Wait What.

I quickly brushed out that thought and took my books out onto my desk.

"So today, we'll be doing some review on things that you did in Precalculus last year. I want to gauge how you guys are handling the old material, so let's open your textbooks to the first unit." Mr. Williams told us. But then again, there was no doubt that Mr. Williams was beautiful.

For the rest of the duration of class, girls drooled, guys looked uninterested, and Tyler and I were the only ones answering his questions. By the end of class, I realized that Tyler was actually smart, and that he actually had a brain in his gigantically ego enlarged head of his. Maybe he wasn't all too bad. 

The bell rang signally the end of class and I got up and stuffed my stuff in my bag.

"Well, I'll see you around Jacobs." Tyler said with a hint of a smile.