Need to get out

Elias ran as fast as he could. His eyes were still shot wide as he tried to figure out what was going on. His brother had found him. He didn't even know his brother was looking for him. Why wasn't he more careful? Why did he return to the same place again?

Elias kept on running but he could still hear the rushing footsteps of his brother on his heels. Steve kept on calling out to Elias but he wouldn't slow down. He didn't really have a plan for a situation like that. In his escape plan he prepared against an enemy he would be ready to kill but even after everything he suffered because of the man, Elias wasn't ready to kill his brother. He didn't know if he would have even won if he'd tried.

Elias was running through an alleyway to get to a small parking lot where he could probably find a bike or something to speed up his escape. However, he was stopped when something big with wings landed in front of him. The wings retracted back into the man's back and he took a step closer to Elias with his hands held high.

"Come on, we don't wanna hurt you or anything. We just wanna talk," the formally winged man said as Elias rapidly checked his surroundings. His brother had sealed up the other end of the valley so the only way out would be up or through one of them. Elias figured that the wingsuit man would be easier to take down and there was a ladder behind him that he could use to get up to the roof.

"I will fucking kill each of you slowly and brutally if you do not let me go," Elias said impressively calmly through gritted teeth. The gun in his waistband was itching against his back, begging for him to grab it as well as the knife in his other sock.

"You don't remember me, but please we just want to help you," Steve said with his hands up as he took a few steps closer to Elias who just let out a dry chuckle.

"I remember everything, dipshit," Elias barked stopping Steve in his tracks. He looked confused at first and then even more hurt than before.

"If you remember everything, why not just come with us and we'll talk this through. We just want to help," Sam tried to reason completely unaware of the family drama unfolding in front of him.

"I don't need your help," Elias sighed to Sam before turning back to Steve: "And I wouldn't take yours even if I was bleeding out right here."

"Please... Betty-" Steve started but was cut off but a gunshot. Steve narrowly dodged the bullet but it creased his right arm leaving a shallow flesh wound and a hole in his shirt

Sam charged forward the second the gun went off. He was about to crash into Elias but the boy rolled out of his way before getting back up and continuing to run towards the parking lot.

As Elias was running he heard the sound of the birdman's suit powering up so he turned around with his gun drawn.

"I don't want to kill him, because even after all his bullshit, he's still my brother. You, however," Elias said before firing at Sam only for it to be blocked by Steve and his weird-shaped shield.

Elias rolled his eyes as Steve looked behind to see if his friend was hurt. He couldn't just run away anymore since someone in the area had probably called the cops after hearing the gunshots. He also didn't know if the two men knew of his next moves. Was it safe for him to get on that ship in the morning?

"Betty, please," Steve tried but was once more interrupted by another bullet. He shielded him and his friend with the oversized frisbee in his hand. Elias had known he would do so but that bullet was meant to only make his brother stop talking.

"Don't fucking call me that," Elias said quite loudly this time.

"I'm not Betty anymore and I never really was. I don't need or want your help. I haven't had your help for eighty years and I'm fine so don't pretend like you care now," Elias growled never lowering his gun.