c h a p t e r ♕ t w e l v e

"Hey Tony!" I pranced down the stairwell to the foyer of Gemma's house.

"Yes Miss Francesca?" He said slowly.

I leaned against the wall, right next to Tony. His brows began to furrow as he began to speculate what i was up to.

"I told you not to call me that." I swayed back and forth.

"I have to it's my job." He says blankly, though he still stared at me with a glimmer of something behind his eyes.

"I know, I know. It's your job to protect me and alwayyyssss be with meee." I dragged out my words as i played with the tips of my fingers.

"Mhm." He murmured.

"And you'll be with me allll night tonight?" I asked, tugging at the ends of my short black dress.

He stepped closer to me but his expression hardened. "Francesca, what the hell are you doing?" He whispered.

"I'm not doing anything. Unless you want me to." I stared back at him with widened eyes. I stepped just a few inches closer to him as i watched him stare at me.

"ANTONIO!" Mr. Romano screamed as he entered the room. Tony practically jumped out of his skin.

"Yes sir?" He said sternly.

"Get away from Francesca." Mr. Romano said coldly as he ogled him with shock painted across his face.

I smiled softly as i turned to retreat back to Gemma's room. My devious little plan worked.

***

"Where's Tony?" Gemma asks as we pile in Mr. Romano's suburban.

"Rossi sent someone else in his place." He mutters quietly as he lights a cigarette between his lips.

As the car begins to leave the driveway i share a quick glance between the girls. I knew Mr. Romano would tell my father and i knew my father wouldn't trust him around me any longer. Sorry Tony.

I leaned my head against the window observing the few clouds in the sky.

My many years of being stuck in the Rossi manor has allowed me countless movie days. Those movies were the closest i had ever been to a party, until now that is. It's a shame i would be ditching it. I held my breath as we walked in the front door Arabellas house. It was already 6:45, so we agreed i would walk in, get lost in the crowd, and disappear.

Collective stares of every boy and girl in the room fall to me. I guess it was just as strange for them to see me out of the house as it was for me to be out of the house.

I slip through the crowd, the music closing in around me. With a few polite nods and smiles i make my way to the back of the house. With out a second to waste, i escape out the backdoor and run out of the side gate.

Once down the street, i remove my tall black Louboutins and carry them in my hand. My bare feet hit the ground as i excitedly prance my way to the bridge.

I arrive and check the little watch that adorns my wrist, 6:59pm. Perfect. I take a seat on the ledge of the bridge, looking down onto the glassy water.

I could tell it was almost summer by the way nighttime was no longer unbearably cold. The last few moments of the sun reflected off the still water. I swung my feet to pass the time, waiting for him.

Summer was my favorite time of the year. Well that was until my father became Don. From then on out we were no longer allowed the small freedoms we cherished so deeply. No more late night stories by the campfire with my brother. No more dress up with my sister. We were forced to grow up, taking on responsibilities that should never have been placed on the plates of children.

Summer meant my birthday would be approaching soon. I never understood the concept of fearing time or growing old. I actually liked my birthday because it meant i was one year closer to getting the hell out of the Rossi house. I would be eighteen in a matter of weeks, freedom was so close i could almost taste it.

I check my watch once more, 7:27pm.

My stomach sinks down, maybe this was a bad idea after all. He's probably not coming. I don't know why i was so stupid to think he'd show.

I raise from my spot on the bridge, grabbing my heels to walk back to the party. I bite the corner of my lip, begging the tears not to mess up my makeup.

"Where are you going?" says a voice behind me.

I spin around to see Tom as he walks up from the opposite side of the bridge.

"No where." I shake my head and smile. I suddenly become shy, something that i had never been before i met him. There wasn't a guy out there that could make me nervous, then i met Tom Kaulitz.

"I brought you this." He hands me a bottle of wine. I examine the label. Sweet red. I have no idea what any of this means.

"Thank you." i mutter softly.

"Can i take you somewhere?" He asks. I look up at him once more. The rays of sunlight flood into his eyes turning his irises a light brown honey color.

"Anywhere." I nod.