Chapter 8

“Cale Hyung!” The Young wolf, Maes, quickly started to support Cale back up, as one of Cale’s knees gave out and he was starting to fall. Maes is in Cale's side before the attack happen. Maes insisted to help Cake while Hans is absent to perform the order that Cale gave him.

Maes grabbed onto Cale’s arm to keep him up and called out to him. Cale was standing there with his head down.
“Cale Hyung, are you okay? Hyung!”

He then started to think. 'Damn, it hurts.’
Cale had lowered the strength of the silver shield after seeing the Black Dragon launch a shield of its own right before the explosion. Thanks to that, the recoil was not as severe. However, his palm was still throbbing.

Cale could hear the voices calling out to him. He then raised his head.
“Cale Hyung, are you okay?”
“I’m ok…cough!”
“B, blood……!”
Maes's face turned pale, and he almost fell backward. However, Cale started to feel better after coughing up that small amount of blood.

‘The Vitality of the Heart really is good. Thank goodness that I was the one who got it first than Taylor.’

The pain in his body disappeared, and his body started to settle back to normal at a very fast rate it in fact, Cale's body become very healthier than ever when he become a Guardian but he still literally cannot accept that title. A big no.

"Young Master?" Someone called out. Cale shook. Cale knows who is the owner of that voice. 'How the fvck is old man in here?!!' Cale is having internal crisis. Cale change his facial expression he still didn't brush the blood of from his mouth. He looked behind him and saw his old butler, Ron Molan looking at him, eyes wide.

'Blood??' The old assassin thought and starts to caress his dagger thinking who hurt his young puppy of a master. Cale how dense he is doesn't know that he had created a misunderstanding and thought that Ron would starts to attack him. "What?!" Shouted Cale but internally he's getting nervous how Ron caress his dagger.

"Young master, what are you doing in here?" Ron asked. "That's not in your business to pry about something useless." Cale answered with venom in his word but in reality he did it to push Ron away. Ron felt that his heart skip a beat. He's hurt, he knows that they're in the wrong, they should've left a letter for their young master. Even his young master doesn't want him anymore, he doesn't care. His young master needs to be treated.

"Young Master, you're bleeding. You should get treated." Ron said. "And I said, its none of your business, Old Man. I can take care of my self." Cale countered. Bud and Glenn is saying something to him waiting for his order but this old man came and insisting to go get a treatment but Cale doesn't have time to interact with this old man.

Cale starts to stand up but suddenly goes back because his knees still weak because of the impact using the ancient power. But Maes is on his side to support him he also saw Ron quickly got to his side to help him, but brush him off.

"Young Master, we need to go back." Maes said. Cale just nod at what the child said. They start to got up and leave their post while Ron just watching them but suddenly they felt mana that coming on their way. 'That dragon again??!' Cale shouted in his thoughts.

"The guardian is here!" A certain golden dragon exclaimed. As the golden dragon saw him he can't help but groan but the assassin who is silent opened his mouth. "Eruhaben-nim, what are you doing here?" Ron asked. Cale just looked at him incredulously asking 'you're also here though, old man' look. But Cale see this opportunity to escape. He silently get the teleportation scroll but another person barge in their post that makes Cale annoyed.

Boogsh!! The door forcibly open by a youngster. The said teen looked at him then it looked behind his back seeing the face of Maes it start to feel emotional. "Maes....." said the wolf. "Lock hyung!" Maes ran to his big brother's side to hug him. It would be a happy reunion but Cale doesn't give a sh!t.

'Its all the Gods fault!!!! I swear I will get back at you!' Cale promised to himself. While Cale is having an existential crisis he didn't notice that the people slowly growing inside the room that was added by the black head swordmaster and a red head mage.

"Bud, get me out of here???!!" Cale called. He needs to get out of here. *Cough* *cough* He cough another pile of blood again after he use his telepathic ability to call for Bud. All eyes looked at him. "Cale Hyung!!" Maes shouted.

"No!! Just stay right there, Maes."
"But, Hyung. You cough up another pile of blood again!"

'Again?'
'Another pile of blood?'

"Maes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me!"
"You're not, Hyung. That's the fifth time this week."

'Fifth time?!'

"Maes, I took a lot of rest."
"Because you passed out the other day."

'Passed out?'
'Then there's no other choice—. Wait the crazy mage is nearby. Should I go out?? Nah, Bud can take care of it himself.' Thought Cale.

*Boooooom-
*Booogssshhhhh
"Cale, got him!" Bud said. Cale started to smirk and got up he stand for a minute later until the two cats jumped up in his shoulder. "We got him, nya." Said the oldest of the two. "Good job. Let's go back." Time for booze he silently added.

As he stand up he suddenly feel dizzy he felt that his body is falling to the ground.
"Cale Hyung!!"
"Cale!!!"
"Young Master!!!"
"Oh come on, not again!!"

'I can hear, you Bud!' That's the last thought in mind before he completely passed out. As he woke up he saw nothing but darkness around him. Of course he knows where he is.

"You're here, my child." And at the center of that darkness stand a useless entity. The useless of a god. The God of Death.

A/n: I'm back I guess I just finished my orientations defense and my midterms. I can't write the whole time cuz I'm always busy.

A little play:

Taylor: Cage, do you have an ounce of sympathy with your church???
Cage: that shitty of a god deserves it.
Glenn: Good luck, Buddy *patting the shoulder of Bud*
Bud: Gleeeeennnnn!!
Maes: On, do you think Hyung will target it again??
On: in his personality? I guess.
Hong : Dongsaeng said a certain church would be looted again.
Hans: lol