Taking Flight

Geoffrey had recovered a few weeks later. He still had nightmares about the horrible assassination attempt. But they weren't nearly as bad as they had been when he had shortly returned home. He got them every other day now, instead of every night. I helped the royal family out with whatever necessities they needed. And overall, they were grateful for my help, especially when it came to Geoffrey, or the three royal children. George, Charlotte, and Louis always asked me to play with them while Geoffrey was taking his naps when he took the more intense pain killers that made him tired.

Of course, I couldn't say 'no'. They were too adorable! They were like the younger siblings I never had when I was back living in New York!

I found myself sitting in the Windsor parlor signing away some college applications when I felt arms wrap around my waist, including the chair that I sat in. I looked up to see Geoffrey, who had nuzzled his face into my neck, sending pleasant shivers down my spine. I chuckled, allowing Geoffrey to gain closer access to my neck, where he began to plant light kisses on the skin of my neck. I almost moaned when I felt his lips trailing closer to my sweet spot. Goosebumps erupted on my neck, causing him to react by chuckling.

"How do you feel about going on a trip this weekend?" he asked, his voice slightly husky. It sent shivers down my spine once more, as the only raspy voice that I've heard was his morning voice. Not this kind of voice.

"What kind of trip? Where are you thinking of going?" I murmured. I reached my hand up to his hair, and I began to tug at his locks slightly. He grunted deeper in response, probably enjoying the fact that I was tugging gently on his hair.

"I dunno, love. What are you thinking?"

"Some sort of romantic place, that's for sure," I answered, chuckling slightly, wondering what he was thinking of.

"I dunno. Maybe Natchez, Mississippi?"

"Isn't that in America?"

"Mississippi? And, yes. It is."

"Well, when do you plan on booking hotels, reservations, and all that?"

"As soon as I get an answer from you, love."

"Mississippi sounds like a pretty place," I finally agreed. "And I know that it has a lot of history."

"Rich with Civil War history, as well," he added. "So if that's where you want to go, I'm going to book us hotels, or whatever they have. You keep doing whatever you're doing —"

"Signing up for college applications."

"Right. You keep doing that. And when I'm done, I'll tell you what time our flight is. Alright?"

"Sounds great to me, Geoff. I'll see you in a bit."

He planted a kiss on my cheek in response, patted my shoulder, and went to his own laptop to book us hotels. We didn't need to worry about flights. We've got our own private jets for that. I just hoped that Geoffrey wouldn't go too crazy with money when it comes to nice restaurants, hotels, touristy stuff, and all that.

A good thirty minutes had passed, and I'd finished at least five of my college applications — and I still had quite a few more to go. Mom wanted me to apply to as many colleges as I could. She'd hoped that college would be closer to home. But when I told her that I didn't know what my plans were for college and where I'd be going, she one hundred percent understood. So far, I've been debating against Oxford University in England, Harvard University in Massachusetts, Berry College Georgia, University of Cambridge, and Yale in Connecticut.

So far, I've received my acceptance letter to Lancaster in Lancaster, England; University of Moscow in my own Russia; University of Amsterdam, and Trinity College in Ireland. But none of them really seemed to stick out to me. I wanted a challenge in my future career.