Graduation Day

A couple of months later, school began to get to a close. Our final year of high school. Everyone was buzzing over how they were going to decorate their Graduation caps for the special occasion. Nat, Trudy, and I were talking about decoration as we began to pack our school things and put them away.

". . . . I was planning on doing mine Bulgarian-themed, if you understand me," Nat ranted as we continued to put our stuff in piles. "Maybe with a Bulgarian flag imprinted on mine? What about you, Stace?"

"I haven't really thought about it, I guess," I admitted. "Maybe I'll do mine Russian-themed. You know, for the country that I rule and represent."

"Hey, maybe we should all have our flags imprinted on our caps!" said Trudy enthusiastically. "Mine will be Austrian, of course. That's the country that my family rules."

"I wonder if everyone is going to do that, put their country's flags on their caps to represent where they're from," I wondered aloud as I glanced around the room. There was a low buzz of chattering, talking about summer vacation plans, college plans for the future, and whatnot.

"We're probably going to be the only ones," said Trudy, shrugging her shoulders. "But we could ask our boys if they want to do what we're doing."

"Doing what?" said the British accent of Geoffrey Windsor.

"Geez, Geoff!" I exclaimed, jumping about a foot in the air out of shock. "You can't be scaring me like that anymore! I'll get a frickin' heart attack, if you're not careful!"

"C'mon. Admit it. You like it when I scare you," he teased playfully. In a more serious voice he asked, "What are we talking about?"

"We're talking about what we're going to be doing to decorate our Graduation caps for the graduation ceremony that's coming up," I answered.

"Oh? And what are you three doing?"

"We're going to be representing our countries by putting our country's flags on our caps," I answered.

"Now you're giving me an idea," Geoffrey laughed. "Mind if I join you guys on that?"

"If you don't mind. Our feelings will not be hurt," Nat answered, grinning. "Plus, we were planning on asking you guys if you wanted to join us, anyways."

"So Sebastian and Philip?"

"You know it."

"Great! Is it alright if I can ask them?"

"Go ahead."

"Awesome! Well, I won't keep you guys from cleaning up your stuff."

He patted Nat and Trudy on the shoulder before giving me a slight kiss on the forehead. I watched him as he left, a small smile on my face as I stared dreamily after him. I hoped that we would end up getting married one day. I knew that Charlotte already loved the idea, and so did I. But I knew that would be a long ways away from now. Maybe in a few years, when we're out of college and have more free time together.

"Stacey. Are you even listening to us?" said Nat teasingly.

"Huh? What?" I asked, thoroughly distracted.

Nat giggled and rolled her eyes, smirking.

"I asked if you and Geoffrey plan to get married one day."

"Oh! That's so gross, Nat. That probably won't be until after college when we've both gotten our degrees and then we will consider it."

"Looks like I'm not the only one who approves," Trudy teased, giggling shrilly.